Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Preview of my Reward

I had to come up with a reward for myself when I lose my "Nate Weight" plus a few more pounds. What I came up with was: a day of shopping and lunch with my sister, Sam. It's been over a year since I've been able to wear the clothes in my closet & seeing as how I just gave away two garbage bags full....I think I need to replace a few items. I haven't been shopping in a long time (maternity clothes shopping and "my normal clothes are too small so I need a bigger size" doesn't count. That's no fun!) so I'm kinda excited about it. Ten more pounds and I can schedule my shopping day with Sam!


We had a little preview today of what our "real shopping day" will be like. Wes & Nate joined us for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen at my new favorite place, Town Square. Wes took Nate home for his nap while Sam and I spent a few short hours browsing a few of our favorite stores. It made me really excited for the day when we get to shop all day long. It's one of our favorite things to do!

A little more about my new favorite place ~ Town Square. It's more than an outdoor mall. We've got a great movie theater, 11 restaurants, great shopping, a fabulous park for kids, & entertainment. I love it! Nate is totally content being pushed around in his stroller because there is so much going on for him to look at. It's very family friendly ~ something Vegas isn't necessarily known for. Plus, it's a great way to take advantage of our wonderful LV weather when you can be outside! It's only 10 minutes from my house and approximately 3 minutes from the office. :)


Here are some pictures of my new favorite place:





I love places where I can take Nate during the day and just walk around outside. I have a feeling I'll be a regular here. There's a big grassy area to sit down at and the park for kids is great, too.

7 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

What a fun place!!! Olivia loves being pushed around the mall too. See? By shopping, we're teaching our kids the "art" of people-watching. ;)

I need to talk to you about WW. Way to be motivated! I need a fresh surge of baby-weight-loss motivation.

I have a feeling we'll be calling you guys frequently about scouting activities...I honestly don't have a CLUE what I'm doing-- It's a good thing Grant's an Eagle Scout, but unfortunately, Webelos was 15 years ago!

Taralee said...

I've heard about this place from several of my YW and I keep saying I'll have to check it out. Maybe for my kids sake we'll go and cruise around so I can see :)

10 lbs??? That's it, good job! You're so close!

Alisha said...

Like you all needed more shopping in Vegas...just kidding, I really am jealous. However, I don't know if I would know what to do with myself if I had that many options of where to shop and eat. Oxford has been a good step up for our family after living the rural life!

Kelsey said...

You have always loved to shop. I remember that. But hey, I do, too! Way to go on only 10 more lbs! That is awesome girl! Whoo-hoo! And, what a great reward.

Trisha said...

I haven't made it over there yet, but I've heard good things about it. We'll have to meet up there one day. Unfortunately it is not so close for me!

Lillie said...

Is it brand new??? I'm so jealous. That does sound like a perfect mommy outing. Always in search of those...

10 pounds that's it?! You're killing it Linds. I can't imagine being only 10 lbs away right now. Sigh.

The Skeehan Family said...

Okay,,,,, can we do this together?!??! :)