Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

I had to take a picture of Nate and his new favorite dog. It’s his Valentines Dog that asks Nate for lots of hugs! He gets a huge smile on his face when we push the button and his ears and tail start moving. Growing up, my dad always got his girls something for Valentines Day, but now he gives to the grandkids. Nate’s dog is from his Grandpa Marz.

Valentines Day is just another day in the Griffeth household. Wes & I have never really gotten in to it. It’s a little too commercialized for me ~ like you have to do something amazing for your significant other. And, it seems like you spend way too much money on stuff that you don’t really need. We prefer spontaneity….doing something nice when they least expect it. So, we say “happy valentines day” and call it good. Although, he did come home with a bouquet of gerbera daisies. I looovee fresh flowers in our home!

We just made it a point to be home together tonight. It seems like one of us is gone almost every night with either a church function, book club, enrichment, etc. So, even though we are cleaning our house and working on our taxes tonight, we’re at least together, which is more than I can say about most nights! I think when our kids are older and understand the day....we'll do something fun with them on Valentines Day!

On a side note, Nate was pretty cranky today so after trying all of his stuff...I put him in a big chair and he liked it. He kept making funny faces so I got the camera out. Here are a few of our afternoon.

10 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

That chair would make me less cranky too. I love it.

And to know your are a gerbera daisy girl... makes me like you even more. Not that I didn't already like you enough before. But that seals the deal.

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

I feel the same way about Valentine's Day, but the flowers are great! I plant gerbera daisys in our back yard every year.

familyof4 said...

Ditto about Valentine' Day. I like the picture of Nate where he's sucking his lip, he has such a serious face. LOVe it!

Kelsey said...

You had better watch out- that boy is going to have Valentines lined up on his doorstep! What a hunk. We feel the same way about valentines day. Spontanity is much more fun. Its just Hallmarks way of making lots of cash.

Amanda said...

He is too cute! We always have to go out for our Valentines date on a different day because it is way to hard to find a babysitter on V day! We also don't do presents, we do cards.

510Jen said...

Not really into V-day either. We went out last night instead!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Thanks for the update! So cute! Happy Valentine's Day!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

What a big boy! I know I say the same thing everytime I comment, but I can't believe how much bigger he looks in every round of pictures. Love it!

Tina said...

I agree about the valentines day thing. Nate is getting so big and am I mistaken or is he going to have dark hair? Pretty cute little guy with a ton of expressions.

Megan said...

Wow, look at your big boy!! I haven't been on in awhile but where oh where did all that dark hair come from??? He is adorable!!