Wednesday, February 27, 2008

5:00pm & Salsa

Not sure if you have a certain time of day that is just bound to be crazy. Mine is 5:0opm.

Tonight was no exception. I had oven timers going off telling me dinner for my sick neighbors was ready, boss calling me with one crisis, reading an email about another work crisis, Wes calling to tell me his plane is 1.5 hours delayed so he'll be home late, all while Nate tried his hardest to be patient in his highchair but lost it at about 5:30pm.

Go figure. The one night I actually make us dinner, Wes' plane is super delayed and so his dinner will be in the Ontario, California airport.

This brings me to the reason of my post. I love getting recipes from other people on their blogs so I thought I'd post one about part of my dinner...one of my favorite things in the world: salsa.

If you don't like cilantro, this one isn't for you. But since I love cilantro, this is one of my favs:

28oz. can diced tomatoes
1 can green chiles
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro
(I have a small food processor so I stick it in there. I also put a little more than a 1/2 bunch).
1 TB. garlic salt
1 TB. chile powder

Combine them all and you have a yummy, somewhat homemade, salsa. Can't wait to put Nate down so I can sit with a bowl of chips and salsa and watch some TV.

8 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

A) You know how I feel about 5pm.

B) That totally stinks you made dinner and Wes won't even there to enjoy it.

C) Don't ever think you will find recipes on my blog.

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I am with you on this 5 pm thing being crazy/hectic!!! And, I am also with you on loving salsa AND loving cilantro. So, yes, I will make this salsa...but not at 5pm. :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

Oh, the best of intentions! Thanks for the recipe! I LOVE salsa! Thanks for sharing!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

I love that Salsa! Isn't that the one that your Mom makes, too? Thanks for recipe! You got to love having a happy and healthy baby!

laurel said...

that looks yummy and easy! thanks!

i hear you on the 5 pm thing - for me it's that time of night where i just want to get to bedtime!

Megan said...

YUM!! I love cilantro! I have another quick one for ya....if you make teryiaki chicken..add some fresh cilantro to the plate! It's another great way to mix that great stuff!

Tina said...

Sounds delicious. I'll have to try it. I love chips and salsa. I never know whether I should post recieps or not but maybe I'll start to do a few here and there. Sounds like you had a busy afternoon with not everything going as planned I guess those days happen sometimes but I'm glad you enjoyed the salsa and Wes got home safe.

Anya said...

Amen to salsa, a bag of chips, and the TV!