Friday, February 29, 2008

It doesn't get any better than this

Perfect Weather. A Laughing Baby. Time with Friends & Family.



Can I just say that the weather has been {PERFECT} for the last week.
  • It's 70 degrees.
  • The sky is bright blue and the sun is shining.
  • My windows at home are open all day long & I drive with the sun roof open and the windows down.
  • We take lots of walks.
  • We eat outside.
  • We have on short sleeve shirts and flip flops.
  • Nate hangs out in just a onesie so I can stare at his chunky thighs and little feet all day long.

I looooveee Las Vegas this time of year. It definitely makes the insanely hot summers worth it to be able to have weather like this the majority of the year. I realized today that I need to take advantage of it even more so I'm sure Nate and I will be at the park next week a number of times. Anyone who lives here want to join us?

Another thing that brightened my afternoon was Nate in his highchair. He seriously loves food. It's by far his most favorite thing in life. I finally got out his teething mesh bag thing and put some fruit in it today for him and he loved it. Loved it. Loved it. When the fruit was pretty much gone inside because he sucked it out of the bag, I took it away from him to give him another piece and he threw his first little mini-tantrum! He calmed down when he realized he was getting it back with more fruit. That will be our new late afternoon routine because he just laughed and laughed and laughed with his fruit.

The weather, a mesh bag with fruit, lunch at Cafe Rio with Nikki & Tessa Treese & dinner with my two favorite boys made today a great one.





11 comments:

laurel said...

You're making me so completely envious! It's FREEZING here - like 20 degrees with the wind blowing. I need a vacation. To Vegas. I'll let you know if you plan something.

Katrina said...

I love this weather too! We went to the park 4 days this week. What part of town do you live on? We live in the Black Mountain area. It would be fun to have a park day with all of our friends that live in Vegas.

Tina said...

I wish I was there the snow is falling as I am sitting here blogging. I should actually be working on my Relief Society Lesson for tomorrow. Nate is so dang cute I wish we could get all thses little cousins together they are all so close in age.

Bella Beginnings said...

I love those mesh bags... seriously the best invention ever. It opens up a new world of fruit possibilities to babies. I am seriously enjoying the weather in AZ as well. I sounds just about the exact same. I can't get enough. We just sit and play in the grass 24/7. Glad to know you are doing well.

Bella Beginnings said...

I love those mesh bags... seriously the best invention ever. It opens up a new world of fruit possibilities to babies. I am seriously enjoying the weather in AZ as well. I sounds just about the exact same. I can't get enough. We just sit and play in the grass 24/7. Glad to know you are doing well.

Doreen Griffeth said...

I love perfect weather times, too! Glad Nate is doing so well! What is the fruit mesh bag? I've never heard of it!
Love,
MOM G
I will never get tired of that boy's SMILE!

Alisha said...

Love the happy pictures! You've gotta love great weather, healthy baby, good food and time with friends. Probably one of our favorite combinations, too.

Brooke said...

I am in love with this weather as well! (I am just bracing myself for the heat!) And, I have to say that Nate's a doll and that you are extremely blessed to not only have such a cute boy but one that eats so well!!! I hope that keeps up. I get so stressed when Noah doesn't eat. Also, thanks for your comment, great advice!

Trisha said...

The weather here has been excellent, minus the windstorm last night. It makes me dread the upcoming heat!

Julie T. said...

We are always up for the park! We also have been spending a lot of time there! Call me next time and we can meet up!

Megan said...

Oh please, oh please don't rub that in!! We are happy with our windows rolled down in 54 degree weather!lol

I love Nates big smiles. He is so cute!