Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nothing like flowers to brighten the day



Today didn't turn out so bad. My morning was crazy but I called a friend to go to lunch which was wonderful. Nate loves being in a new place so we got out a little bit today which kinda turned my day around. Getting a little break from the craziness of work and the routine of being home is nice.

One of my favorite things that we sometimes have in our house is fresh flowers and plants. My mom always had/has fresh flowers and plants in her house. When she first married my dad, she asked him to factor in a "flower budget" because she loved having fresh flowers in her home. That must be where I get it from. I rarely have four different flowers in my home but right now we do. Wes got the gerbera daisies for me for Vday....I got the hydrangea and little potted flower plant at Trader Joes....and my mom had some extra tulips she gave me. I love it. It definitely brightened my day today!

6 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

I love the ability you have to vent in the morning, then by the end of the day, your post is back to bright and cheery with flowers. Love them by the way. I will try and refrain from commmenting on the polka dot pot. OH. Guess I can't. Love it.

Ali said...

Didn't know about the "Flower Budget" that is interesting. I could use that...but not a plant one. I kill them.

Lillie said...

I'm so with you on this. This is why I love Trader Joes and Fresh and Easy's flowers... you can get a nice bunch for 3.99... gladiolas or daisys or something.. and I swear the cheapest ones live forever... that way I can ALWAYS have some. It doesn't feel right without them.

familyof4 said...

Flowers are great! You take beautiful pictures. I can't wait for Spring because I LOVE to grow Stuff! Flowers are fun and I Especially like strawberries! Random side note..I almost got cucumbers but we went out of town for a week and didnt get a babysitter so they died! =)

Julie T. said...

I love your flowers! They really do brighten up the house. I just hate it when they die! It is really sad!

Tina said...

There isn't anything like fresh flowers to brighten up your home or the day. Love green plants too. Never thought of putting flowers into the budget I just have to sneak money from the grocery budget.