Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My day at the office

Even though working and being a mom can be very overwhelming at times ~ a day like today makes all the craziness worth it. I had a great day at the office! I was able to go a casual meeting with a client & then spent the rest of the time at the office with my dad. There aren't many people in our office but every once in a while when everyone gets together it's pretty fun. My dad has two great friends who work in our building and they were around all day today. The three of them together just crack me up. Dana, my co-worker, & I were laughing all afternoon at these three old guys cracking jokes at each other. I even convinced everyone to go to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. YUM. Much better than the lunches I make myself at home.

I've always loved working in the advertising & marketing field. When I was 10 years old, I started working at my dad's advertising agency making copies and filing, loving every minute of it. I've worked in the advertising field ever since. I was thrilled to get pregnant with Nate since I've always wanted to be a mom but part of me was sad to have to leave the business world. I like what I do so I was thrilled when my dad offered to let me work from home. I love being a mom but still having my foot in the door of the business world. It gives me some sanity. My one full day a week in the office is a much appreciated break from being at home all day. If I have any extra time in the day, I can even go to the grocery store without a baby. Plus, I love that Nate gets to spend one day a week with his grandma that loves him to pieces.

I'm grateful that I am able to do what I do. Be a mom & work at the same time!


*I'm sure I'll come back to read this post on the days that I say...."I can't do all of this anymore!" :)

8 comments:

laurel said...

This is so perfect. Some days I find myself wishing that I could just go to work! But then I would hate to be at work all the time and miss out on all the amazing things the kids do. So you are really lucky to have a nice balance. Yay!

Alisha said...

You really are blessed to be able to pursue two passions at one time...I think you all have the perfect set up!

Lillie said...

I never thought I'd be so jealous of the ability to work in addition to being a mom. Now I get it. I think it would do wonders for a lot of us. You are so lucky to live by your mom!

Although we're also not all so good at something-- you have always been a super star- it was clear in the Matrix days :).

The Skeehan Family said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel!! Just being able to meet with the rep from AZ Republic today for just an hour while my dad watched Claire was so amazing... having grownup conversations all the while knowing Claire was with "Poppy" who adores her.. it was great.

So wonderful visiting with you today, ps.

Teisha said...

Nate is sooo cute! It sounds like you have such a great set-up with work. I always wished I could find something like that after I had Tallon. And now with the twins I think my days with grown up conversations are OVER! People's blogs are my only inside to the outside world. You look so good with dark hair!

jaanderson family said...

Hey! Just wanted to drop a line and tell you that Nate is adorable! You guys look really happy! Where are you guys living?

Kelsey said...

You are lucky. There are days I think I want a job at Gymboree or Gap or something just to change things up! =) Glad you don't feel guilty about it and are enjoying yourself.

familyof4 said...

Kelsey just wrote what I was going to post about Gap or Gymboree. I actually have thought about applying and working there Once every 30-60 days? I can't remember which it is and I'm not sure if those particular stores let you do that, but Children's Place does! When they are doing a change around the store they call in for the extra help! Sometimes I just need a break from the girls and I don't always get that because Chris is so busy with church.