Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cries & Cuddles

My day started out great. Nate slept from 2:30am to 7:00am, which these days, is quite rare. He usually wakes up at 4:30am, too. Wes got up with him at 7:00 which means I got to sleep until 7:45am. Nate was super happy all morning & he took a great morning nap. We had a great time eating peaches, playing & going on a long walk in the perfect weather. I thought today was going to be a great day.

Then, in a matter of a few minutes, everything changed. From 1:0opm until bedtime, Nate was a wreck. He wouldn't take his afternoon nap for some reason (he's never done that before) and was literally fussy and/or crying all afternoon & evening. It was one of those afternoons when you just wish you could read your baby's mind to know how to help them. Poor little guy.

The only positive thing of the afternoon happened between 4:00-4:30pm. Nate cuddled with me. This is a rare occurance these days since he would much rather play with his toys and roll around. I picked him up from attempt #3 at an afternoon nap and we just rocked in our chair for 30 minutes. He didn't sleep...he just stared at me & I loved it. I miss my Nate cuddles.

11 comments:

Taralee said...

Shelise was just saying this same kind of thing the other day, and then the next week he broke through his first tooth. So who knows. And I know what you're saying about cuddling. My girls aren't like that much so when they are it's very special and I eat it up!!!

Doreen Griffeth said...

He sure keeps you guessing! What a boy! Can't wait to see him!
Love,
Mom G

Anya said...

Poor Nate and Poor Lindsay...

mrs. timberlake said...

Amen to the cuddles.
Ditto to the frustrating day yesterday.
I hear ya on the cries.
:)

familyof4 said...

I'm guessing it's a tooth for sure! We had a night like your afternoon last week and it was just a mess. I'm glad you got to cuddle with Nate it's such a precious thing to do. Taylor is just now wanting to cuddle and she's 2! Lauren is opposite so I try to take advantage of it while Taylor napes =0)

Lillie said...

I'm cuddling with Mila right now and agree adamantly... it's the best. Makes the cranky times worth it.

laurel said...

I love cuddling. Avery always cuddled only when she was sick and so I secretly sort of liked when she had a fever :)

The sleep is killing me too. I started letting Ashton cry last night thinking it would solve all my problems, but I don't know if it helped at all.

Alisha said...

Those cranky, unhappy afternoons, sure make those nice happy mornings even more enjoyable! Wouldn't our lives be much easier if we could somehow read their minds? Hope today was better for both of you!

Tina said...

It's so hard to know what to do for them when they are fussy and you have no idea why. I guess that's when love and patience comes in. It's good that you got that little time of cuddles it kind of makes up for the rest.

Bella Beginnings said...

Such tender moments... thanks for sharing. He is gettting so big!

The Skeehan Family said...

Oh poor little guy - I know- you just look at them and wonder, what is it, what will help? I would pay good money for a mind reader any day...

And I don't know what I'd do without cuddles... yuck, they stop wanting those??