Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy Birthday & Happy New Year!

My mom and dad are only 10 days apart. My mom's birthday is December 22 & my dad is a New Years Day baby. So, we have lots to celebrate in a 10 day span with Christmas right in the middle!
Tonight we had our whole family together to celebrate both of their birthdays. We ordered in food from our favorite pizza joint, Metro Pizza. My dad requested a plain white cake with white frosting (a "boring" cake in my mom's eyes) which turned out to be very yummy.

My parents are two of the most amazing people I know. They both are so generous and charitable and it has always been something I admire in them. They truly love their kids & their grandkids even more. They love having people around and are constantly helping anyone in need.
It is fun working with my dad because I get to see two sides of him. The serious & intimidating man in the office and the absolute goofball at home. I need to get him on video with his grandkids! I love that he's so goofy.

Happy Birthday, Mom & Dad! And....Happy New Year everyone!

Here are a few pictures of the grandbabies from tonight....

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Your parents really are great people! You are definitely very blessed! I bet it is fun having 3 babies around the house! The pictures are great.

Tina said...

Happy Birthday to my big older brother and to Barb. It looks like the celebration went well. Love the pics of the babies. Jen loves boring white yummy cakes too.

Doreen Griffeth said...

You have SUPER parents! We are so glad that we have gotten to know them better! Happy Birthday to them both! Loved the pictures! See you soon!
Love,
MOM G

leigh and spencer said...

We love seeing all the pics of your family. Nate is growing so fast, and you are looking GREAT! HAPPY NEW YEAR!