Monday, January 7, 2008

My New Years Resolutions

I always try to make a list of goals at the beginning of the year of things I want to accomplish. So, here is my list for 2008:

Get my entire house organized & keep it organized. With all of the baby gear we have and future toys we will have soon, I need to clear out more space to store everything. I’m back in “nesting mode” so I’m ready to clear out stuff I don’t use anymore. My goal is to keep our house SUPER organized this year!


Cook & Bake. Most of you know that Wes is the cook in our house. It’s not necessarily that I don’t like to cook, but I’m not very good at planning meals in advance so we rarely have everything to make a meal. I’m hoping to sit down once a week and actually plan out some meals so I can go to the grocery store once a week and have what I need to make dinner.

Photography. I’ve been saying that I want to take a digital photography class for years but I haven’t done it yet. Wes bought me a few photography books for Christmas and looked in to various classes at the community college for me. Now that I have Nate, I’d love to be able to take better pictures of him.

Photo Shop. I want to learn at least the basics of PhotoShop to enhance my scrapbooking, card making, etc.!

Lose Weight. This makes it on my list every year! I am super motivated right now to lose my “Nate Weight”. I’m sick of staring at the clothes in my closet knowing that they don’t fit.

Go Green. I want to be more aware of the environment. I figure if I slowly make little changes in our lives, it will start to become a habit to save the environment. I can always call my big sis’ with any questions! She’s the “greenest” person I know.

Spend more time with my sisters. I live within 15 minutes of both of my sisters and while I see them at family Sunday dinners & family events, I feel like I don’t hang out with them as much as I’d like to. So, another goal for this year is to call them more often. Whether it’s to meet for lunch, go shopping, the movies, play dates for our kids, or just spending an afternoon at their house, I’d like to see them more often.

Read & Study my Scriptures during the day. I’m just too tired if I do it while I’m lying in bed. I want to start doing it during the day so I can actually study, and not just read.

Go to the temple more often.

Do more for myself. I think as a wife and a mom, you rarely have time to do anything for you. (Wes may totally disagree with this statement!) I’m going to try to do more for me this year.

Spend more time with just Wes. Actually get a babysitter and go out without a baby!

Be the best mom and wife I can be!

11 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a great list! We are just writing our goals for Family Home Evening! We have a lot of the same goals! Thanks for all you do! You are always on the move and accomplish so much! I just love what a great mom you are to Nate! Let's make 2008 GREAT!!!
Love,
MOM G

Anya said...

Okay- I am TOTALLY serious that if you sign up for a digital photo class I want to go with you... TOTALLY TOTALLY serious...
Also- we would love to babysit if your date happens to bring you to timbucktwo.

510Jen said...

Your goals are great! I need to make a list of mine also.

Ali said...

I guess I should make a list as well. Yuck. If I put them down on paper I'll actually have to get some things done.

leigh and spencer said...

Dido "getting organized and STAYING organized". I believe it's a never-ending process, and now that we are having our first baby, I'm trying really hard to get the house ready for the big guy. Good luck with the goals and don't wear yourself out, just prioritize.

Alisha said...

Great goals! I may have to borrow a few because I need to do the same things this year. Thanks for sharing!

Lillie said...

I knew there was a reason why we were friends. I share MANY of the same goals as you. If I ever get around to writing them down, just know I didn't TOTALLY copy you, although a little bit of copying Lindsey is a given....

Good luck with the goals!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

You've got some serious goals there girl! I am with you on being one of those people where nursing didn't help me to lose all that baby weight. Still got that weight, 13 months later! Just today I bought a little cute notebook to write down everything I eat. Knowing I have to write it down when I eat 10 cookies is for some reason motivational. Go figure?

Taralee said...

I've been talking forever about taking photography classes, but right now is just not the time for me. Sometime in my life I will though!! And I changed my scripture reading and I LOVE it now. And I'm going to the temple every other Sat. (like 9:30 ish) if you ever want to join me, I would love it. I just really need to go more than I use to.

Kiley said...

I liked your goals! We should go on walks together with the kids and trade off babysitting while the other couple goes on date night!!

The Roe Family said...

those are all good resolutions mine are to get into a bikini(retarded i know) and to stop calling mike every 5min cause i'm bored.