Monday, January 21, 2008

a weekend with Grandma & Grandpa G



I really lucked out with my in-laws. They are so great! Wes’ parents were here this weekend from Georgia to see us. Well, who are we kidding….they mostly wanted to see Nate! :) They are such wonderful grandparents to our little guy.

On Saturday we basically spent the day around our house. I had a few things I had to go to that morning but we let Nate take his naps while we played games during the day. We met my parents for an early dinner at Café Rio, a Griffeth favorite & then we all came back to our house for more games and ice cream.

Sunday was church, yummy dinner & more games. And Monday was a relaxing morning, lunch at Pei Wei & then they were on their way back to Georgia. Unfortunately, since they are both so busy we never get them for longer than a few days but we’ll take any visit we can get!

They always help us with a “house project” and this time we tried to keep it minor with just a few ceiling fans that needed to be installed downstairs.

You can tell that Nate LOVES his grandparents. They had him laughing and smiling all weekend. He was definitely spoiled with someone playing with him at all hours of the day. He’s going to be disappointed tomorrow when he’s stuck with just mom who isn’t nearly as fun as grandma & grandpa.

Thanks Robert & Doreen for coming to visit. Hopefully we’ll make it out to see you this spring! Love you!


Grandma G giving Nate lots of kisses.



On Sunday night, Nate was a zombie sitting in his seat. He totally zoned out and just lounged in his seat for an hour while we played a game!






Grandma loved feeding Nate!

6 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

Thanks, Lindsay, for putting up with the crazy grandparents! We loved our fun visit! What a special family you have! Nate is such a sweet baby! Thanks for taking such great care of him! What a boy! We can't wait to see him again SOON!!!!
Love,
MOM G

Ali said...

The photo of Nate, Wes, Doreen & Robert is fabulous...that is worth framing.

Alisha said...

I'm sure my parents are already having withdrawals! They are great grandparents and I know that my kids love having them around! I'm glad you all had a good weekend! We would love it if you all made it out this way sometime in the Spring!

laurel said...

Oh I just love him!

Good luck with the sleeping and keep me posted!

Kelsey said...

He has grown so much! I always love when Jared's parents come, too. It helps break up the mundane week sometimes! Is he back to his happy self?

Tina said...

Grandkids are the best and it is hard when they live far away. It's great that Wes' parents could come out to visit. What great pictures. Jen always save a project of some sort for me also. My time inbetween visits to Iowa is helped by the fact that now Amaya loves to gab with me on the phone, Collin doesn't like it much but Amaya fills me in on everything. I think you become a parent so you can have grandkids.