Monday, January 28, 2008

A first for this mama

Today was a first for me since I became a mama. I left Nate with a babysitter.
I consider myself pretty lucky. I have a great dad, who is also my boss & he lets me work from home. Some weeks are super busy and some are pretty slow....so most of the time, it's manageable. I spend one full day a week in the office while my mom watches him. (I don't count her as a babysitter). But now, I have to go to a weekly Monday afternoon meeting at 3pm. Hence, the babysitter.

I wouldn't say I am a mom who panics when I leave my baby but it was defnitely strange leaving him for the first time with someone other than my mom or my sister. BUT, everything went very well and I'm excited that I found her. She used to be one of my young women. She's 19 & very responsible. And, she drives which is HUGE in my book. I have to say it was SOOOO nice to have someone come to my house to watch him. Much easier than taking him somewhere....going to work....picking him up....and then coming home. And I love that I got a huge smile from him when I walked in the door.



As much as I love my little man, it sure is nice finding people to watch him when you either have to go somewhere without him or you just need a break! Hooray to a good babysitter!

9 comments:

laurel said...

It's so nice to find a babysitter that you love! I don't think I left Avery with anyone while she was awake for a LONG time, like over a year maybe. It's hard! It's funny though because I've already left Ashton tons of times :) Anyway, that will be really nice for you! And that picture is so darn cute.

Doreen Griffeth said...

I am so glad that it went so well. I know Wes and you both are picky about that little boy. I love that someone will be so good to him! He is WORTH it!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

Look at all of that hair! I love the cute picture! Finding good babysitters is hard to do...and I am all about a sitter that provides their own transportation!

familyof4 said...

That's nice she came over to your house. (Was it Sister Winkle's daughter?) I really prefer someone coming to my house too. It's just nice to be able to come home instead of having to go pick up the kids and then having to drop of the babysitter.

Camille said...

it's hard to do babysitters at first. Specially when they are little... but yes, I love babysitters now. They are the only reason i have a life outside the home!! LOL
I love the young women! They are always my babysitters..

Kiley said...

That is the cutest picture of Nate!!! Its such a relief finding someone you trust to leave your baby with! Thats great he did so well with her!

Tina said...

It always gives you peace of mind when you can leave your little ones with someone that you really trust that is outside your family. That's great that you found someone that you feel good about.

Taralee said...

SERIOUSLY!! I know what you're saying because I'm still struggling to find babysitters that we can get for even the temple. There are a couple girls, but they always seems so "put out". I'm happy for you because I know!! :)

510Jen said...

He looks so much like Wes in this picture it's crazy. You are lucky to have your mom as our babysitter. Good luck at work it will keep you sane.