Saturday, January 5, 2008

It's time for WW

I'm not sure why I thought my baby weight would come off easily. Maybe it's because so many people told me that "nursing makes you lose weight right away!" For those of you who lose the weight and are back in normal clothes in a few weeks (or days if you're my sister), you are lucky. I still don't fit in my pre-Nate clothes.

So, I finally decided to do something about it as one of my New Years Resolutions. I LOVE Weight Watchers. The first time I joined was in college. My skinny friend Liz wanted to learn how to eat better and lose what little fat she had on her so a few of us joined WW with her. I loved the program and lost 15-20 pounds!

The second time I joined was in 2006 when my mom & dad basically told Wes, Sam & I that we needed to lose a few pounds so they would "sponsor" us if we joined WW with them. We all did great and made it to be lifetime members (a lifetime member is when you make it to your goal weight and then stay there). Then.....I got pregnant & it all went downhill from there. Wes is still a lifetime member.

SO, I've joined for the 3rd time! Luckily, because I was lifetime before I got pregnant, I get 10 weeks free to try to get back down to my "pre-Nate weight". The nice thing is that I get so many more points because I'm nursing! It's really not that hard to follow right now.

I love going to weigh in. For some reason it's not enough if I just account to my scale. I have to have the weekly weigh in to motivate me. It's almost like I'm in a competition with myself. So, I weighed in this morning and I lost 3 pounds this week! Yeah! I feel like I'm on The Biggest Loser at home.

I'm one step closer to losing my "Nate Weight". Hooray to WW!

14 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

Nate Weight sounds so cute. I love it. Congrats on the three pounds. I will root for you along with Bette-Sue and Ali and the two best friends who are fat camp counselors on Biggest Loser: Couples or whatever they call it.

laurel said...

Oh I so need to do something about this too. My clothes don't fit either. Ugh.

Megan said...

Kuddos to you Linds!! I just got back to my pre-twins' weight after almost three years! I'm still not at my pre-chloe weight...

Way to go and I'm so excited for you!!

Alisha said...

Good for you! You look pretty good already, but I know how nice it feels to get back into pre-pregnancy clothes.

Julie T. said...

I might need that info after I have this baby! It is so hard to lose the weight- sounds like you are doing great!

Bella Beginnings said...

Great job and good resolution. I have never tried WW, but I do have a couple of pounds that won't go away! Maybe I should have done it after London... boy was I chubby.
Too much of Tina's good cooking and hobnobs.
You look great. BEst of luck!. The weigh in sounds serious... I think that would be a good accountability factor for me!

Lillie said...

I'm so excited for you-- and just a little jealous. Ross and I are starting Body For Life on Monday. I thought about mentioning on my blog but am afraid of the pressure to lose. But maybe I need some kind of public commitment. It's a new year!

I think you ALWAYS look beautiful and can't imagine you don't fit into your clothes... but I understand the frustration and the applaud your excitement!

Trisha said...

During your college WW days I remember witnessing cake made with Fresca and Laurel "mis-calculating" her points. And there are lots of us who have never made it back to our pre-baby weight even after 21 months!

familyof4 said...

How did you get 10 weeks free? I want to do that too! I've actually gained 4 lbs from Thanksgiving & Christmas =0(.Nursing has helped but just not enough! How many points are you getting? I get 30 plus 5 extra if I want to use them. Great job on losing 3 lbs! When I do WW I only shed 1 lb a week!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Way to go! Weight Watchers works for me! The monthly weigh in is a necessity for me! Keep up the good work! We'll have to share recipes!
Love,
MOM G

Tina said...

That baby weight stuff can be tuff but you can do it you are already 3lbs closer.

The Baker said...

I need to try that, how much is it?

Taralee said...

oh my goodness, I read this post and felt like it was coming out of my mouth because I agree with everything you said. I LOVE WW. And I also loved the 10 extra points I got when I was nursing Halle, and I really think the after pregnancy plan that they have is so cool too. I was gonna start back up this friday, but being pregnant now I'm not FOR SURE. I'm still deciding because I really need to lose some weight. I'll have to keep you updated and I can't wait to hear your sucess!!!! Good job. and good luck!

Taralee said...

Oh and my weight doesn't come off while I'm nursing either. NOT AT ALL!