Sunday, January 27, 2008

Greatly Missed.


{I have this picture in our home. I think it will always be there to remind us of this great man.}


I hold a special place in my heart for President Hinckley who passed away tonight. He has been our beloved Prophet for half of my life...13 years.

I love his cute personality and great sense of humor. He was always able to make everyone laugh while getting his point across. He did wonders with the media & improved the public image of the church. He directed an intense temple building program all over the world. I love his charisma & his love for everyone. What a great example he was to all of us.
He will be greatly missed. I can only imagine how happy he is to be reunited with his cute wife.


I feel forever indebted to him for everything he did for our church & for the great example he was to us all.

7 comments:

510Jen said...

Oh I am gonna miss him too. Love the picture. What a great little tribute.

Camille said...

I love that first picture you posted!! What a cute one, I've never seen that one before! I was sad to get the news as well, but know that the church must go on and we are awaiting another great leader.

familyof4 said...

President Hinckley was my favorite president too and same with Benson. Yesterday we knew he wasn't doing well at all. His son was in town for the Stake Conference in my Parents stake and President Packer called his son and told him he needed to come home. He never said why but we figured it was because of this dad's health. I found out tonight during rehearsal about his passing. Very nice tribute. You always say the nicest things.

Doreen Griffeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mrs. timberlake said...

I think the first picture is in Mimi's home too. The second picture is so fun with the cowboy hat. I think I will go out and find a picture for our home.

13 years? Insane. I remember the funeral of President Hunter when I was at Ricks. Was that 13 years ago? YIKES.

What a sweet reunion there must have been last night. I honestly can't fathom how incredible that must have been.

Doreen Griffeth said...

How blessed I feel to have lived during his time as a prophet! I will always treasure the time we enjoyed when he came to Atlanta. You could have heard a pin drop in this huge auditorium when he walked in. It was so neat last April when Dick Cheney came to speak at Grant and Alyssa's graduation at BYU and the prophet walked in just after him. I am sure Cheney thought all the clapping was for him, but it was for our beloved prophet. He will definitely be missed, but not forgotten. Thanks for sharing the tribute!
Love,
MOM G

Tina said...

I agree with what everyone has said about him. What a great man.