Friday, December 28, 2007

some handmade christmas gifts

Since I didn't make my Christmas cards this year, I decided to make a few gifts.

It all started when we were trying to come up with gifts for our young women in our ward. I told everyone about these frames Sam makes and volunteered to see if I could make them, too. I think they turned out pretty cute. The girls liked them, at least. Each frame was made of different paper, matching ribbon & their first initial.

I made a few packs of homemade cards but didn't take a picture before I wrapped them up.

Most members of my family like a fleece blanket. I hadn't made them in a few years so I figured they could use a replacement. So, I made 11 fleece blankets ~ one for everyone in my family.



It made for a busy December but I enjoy making things so it was fun!

10 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

You are amazing! I don't know how you fit it all in! The frames are so cute and everyone LOVES your blankets! Hope you are enjoying the holiday!
Love,
MOM G

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

You ARE amazing! Wow. I am impressed with your ideas and skills! Let's get together after New Year's! Have a good New Year!

Tina said...

Lots of cute Idea's I love the frames. The fleece blankets are great. I made Corbin and I one when we took the train back to Iowa to see Jen.

Ali said...

I really like the frames...can I order ones for Kyle, Abbie & Daisy. I'll make it worth your while!!!!!

Julie T. said...

You are so cratfy Lindsay! I really do need to take lessons from you! I love the frames and the blankets!

Taralee said...

Those frames are SO cute! I wasn't quite as ambitious this year :) And I always love those blankets! You did good :)

Lillie said...

I have to say I was SHOCKED to not get a homemade card from you this year-- and yet it was still my FAVORITE one. I had to write down whatever was printed on the back so I could copy you next year. I was proud of you for taking it a little easier.

I should have known you'd find a way to be super-craft-woman still.

Merry Christmas Happy New Year!!!! You guys look GREAT and your little Nate gets cuter every day!

Camille said...

Crafty Crafty!!! Way cute idea for the YW. And making 11 blankets, Way to go!!
Hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas!

Bella Beginnings said...

I love the frames... what are they made of wood with paper or what? The blankets are the best. You are so amazing. Super mom award goes to you. I am happy that you had a good first Christmas with your little man! He is so cute. Keep the pictures coming!

510Jen said...

Cute cards and blankets. Both great ideas. There is nothing better than homemade.