Monday, December 10, 2007

a great day with my cute little family

It seems like the last few months have been so busy. Since we had Nate, I felt like my little family wasn't spending much time together. Because Wes and I are both heavily involved with the youth in our ward, during the week, one of us is gone almost every night. As soon as he walks in the door, one of us walks right back out to go to an activity or a meeting. Saturdays are no different. Wes plays golf a lot of Saturday mornings with my dad so when he comes home from that, I usually take off to run some errands. All of this means that we don't spend much time with just the three of us.

That's what made this weekend so great. Wes did have a training breakfast on Saturday morning but as soon as he got home, we were together the rest of the weekend. We got to see my new little niece, Daisy. What a sweet little girl. She's got LOTS of black, thin, straight hair. I think she looks a lot like her brother, Kyle. It was fun to hang out with my sister and her cute little family. Sam was also there which was an added bonus since it seems like she is always working these days.



Daisy & Abbie


Nate & Daisy

We decided to take advantage of having Sam around so we went to Cafe Rio for dinner. Then, we went back to Sam's house since we hadn't seen it since she decorated the place and she got me absolutely addicted to GUITAR HERO. Neither Wes nor I had ever played before and now I can see why so many of you are addicted. I am tempted to go and buy everything right now! Wes and I need to go back over soon so we can play with Sam & her roommate, Cassie.

I had such a great day with Wes & my little man. Nate didn't get his 3rd nap on Saturday but was amazingly still as content as can be! He liked watching his mom and dad play the guitar. :)

7 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

So glad that Daisy is here! What a cutie! I can't get over ALL the hair! What a great weekend! I love those weekends, too, when we just get to hang and do family things!
Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Love,
MOM G

The Skeehan Family said...

Congratulations to Ali!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please send her our congratulations!

And Baby Blues had a perfect comic on Sunday - "As a couple, we get alone time, it's just never together anymore."

Soooo true. Glad you guys were able to spend some time finally together.

mrs. timberlake said...

Um, 3rd nap? As in more than two? Jealous. Jealous.

I love the picture of Nate and Daisy. I love the name and it's my favorite flower too.

I can't imagine all that the two of you do in your ward - you are like Dan and Mimi. And Tony and I are like the families you talk about in all your meetings. ;)

Not really, but I like telling Mimi that.

Megan said...

How Fun! Nate looks much bigger next to little Daisy. They grow and change so fast....it's only been a few months! Those kids will have so much fun together.

Julie T. said...

It is always so nice to spend time together as family. We totally understand how you feel since Chris' schedule is a bit crazy! Glad you guys had a good weekend!

Tina said...

Cousins about the same age is so much fun. Megan is right Nate looks so big compared to Daisy. I'm glad you had the time to just spend together that is so improtant in this busy world we live in. The kids played guitar hero at our Thanksgiving day dinner Jen is a riot to watch.

Ali said...

You sound like Nikki...have you been hanging out with her secretly? The "Cute Little Family" would come right out of her mouth.