Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Wide awake on Christmas morning

I'm not sure what is more frustrating. Your baby waking up all night long or being awake all night long while your baby sleeps.

Nate has not been very nice to me at night for the last month or so. Really, since we were in Georgia for Thanksgiving he hasn't slept well at night. Maybe it's because he's still sick, but it's been quite exhausting. I can't sleep anymore so I've had to take a sleep aid at night in order to not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.

Sam came over last night to do some final wrapping, play some games & stay the night at our house. We got to bed a little later than normal so I didn't take my sleep aid in fear that I'd be super groggy in the morning. I think I'd take groggy over wide awake all night!

As we were going to bed, Wes turned to me and said, "Watch....this will be the night he sleeps and you will be awake!" And so I sit....watching A Christmas Story.....while my cute little family sleeps.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

5 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

You win the prize for the being the FIRST Griffeth up! I hope you are able to sneak in a nap today! Take care! The new year is sure to treat your sleeping patterns better!
Merry Christmas! We love you all!
Love,
MOM G

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!

Taralee said...

seriously, why can't the "sleep thing" ever just WORK OUT?!! I hear ya though :) Good luck with all your sleeping troubles.

Tina said...

I was always up all night Christmas eve just because I kept all the wrapping until then (crazy me) not anymore. Hopefull Nate starts sleeping through the night soon.

The Skeehan Family said...

You poor poor girl... well, at least you got to laugh along with a Christmas story... I love the part when the kid gets his tongue stuck to the flagpole :)