Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Questionare

A few of you sent me this via email so I thought I'd throw it on the ol' Blog.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper with fun ribbon! I usually like to attach an ornament or something to the top, too.
2. Real or artificial tree? I’d love a real tree, but we settle for the fake. Easier clean up! Maybe once Nate is older we’ll take him to pick out a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Ideally the weekend after Thanksgiving but it doesn’t always happen that way.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually around New Years.
5. Do you like Eggnog? I tried it again last year and it wasn’t as gross as I remember but it’s definitely not good.
6. Favorite gift you received as a child. I loved (and still do) looking through my stocking.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I almost have a complete one. It’s the Willow Tree Nativity that I LOVE!
8. Hardest person to buy for? The parentals, by far!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Nate!
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? I don’t have an answer to that one!
11. Christmas cards.....Snail mail or E-mail? Absolutely in the mail. Hopefully we never turn in to an email card society.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I think about it pretty early & buy some gifts, but usually the bulk is done in December.
14. Have you ever "recycled" a Christmas present? A few times, yes! Last night at a white elephant party!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint icecream.
16. Clear lights or colored or both on the tree? clear17. Favorite Christmas song? I love the Johnny Mathis Christmas CD and the Josh Groban Christmas CD!
18. Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Yep
19. Angel or Star on top of your tree? Star
20. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? We used to open my mom’s best friend Babs’ gifts on Christmas Eve but now we don’t do that anymore for some reason. Everything is opened on Christmas Day!
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The traffic.
22. Shopping.....Mall or online or both. Usually all at the mall but this year I’ve done some online. I kinda like it. :)
23. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all)? Somehow Wes has gotten out of doing outside lights since we got married but next year is the year our house will have outside lights! We always do inside.
24. Favorite Christmas cookie? I love most cookies.
25. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry? Not a thing.
26. Do you believe in Santa Claus? Of course!

7 comments:

The Baker said...

well I have all of the scarfs (minus 2) and the mittens and the long scarf, so let me know if you want to borrow them.

The Roe Family said...

hey that was really fun to read i might have to steal the idea cause i'm running out of stuff to blog.

Brooke said...

You're great.. loved reading that. So, I am going to attempt this peppermint icecream cake you made for our family christmas party on sat. Do you have any pointers or lessons learned to share? :)

Tina said...

Great post it's amazing how much you learn about a person with a few simple questions.

Brooke said...

Thanks so much Linds... I had it in my mind to buy the icecream. That seemed like unnecessary labor!

Brooke said...

What did you use for the chocolate wafers? Oreos?

Taralee said...

Fun!! There's a question thing on my sisters blog that I want to put on my blog. I just haven't actually done it yet. When you get a minute email me your address so I can add it to my Christmas mailing list :) for next year!