Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A week to myself & a pretty cool boss

I've been working from home this week ~ sort of as a mini-transition to my new life at home. It is definitely a different lifestyle than getting up and going straight to work and getting home around 6. It's also unique because I can do whatever I want since I'm not tied to a computer since my email is on my phone. I'm not a "stay at home" mom yet so I still have absolute freedom. I was supposed to take this week to relax, but I really have a hard time sitting still unless it's on a raft in the pool. I've been able to get quite a bit done around the house, what seems like endless errands done, & a little bit of relaxing. I would be in the pool every afternoon but our weather is not allowing me to do so. Lots of rain and lightning!

I have to say that I've been pretty lucky for the last 2+ years. I've been able to work side by side with my dad who is so incredibly good at what he does. It's been the ultimate learning experience for me & I got to spend priceless time with my dad. While I'll still be working with him after maternity leave, it won't be the same since I won' t be in the office all the time. He's been such an awesome boss. He not only agreed to let me take some time before the baby comes, but he encouraged me to do so. I know me not being in the office is hard on him. He loves spending time with his daughters and the fact that he could have at least one of them with him almost every day for the last two years was ideal for him. I guess you can say we're both adjusting to this change. However, he loves nothing more than his grandkids so he's thrilled to have another one.

I'm hoping to be able to relax a little more on Thursday and Friday to take advantage of the last few days of "Lindsay time." Once the kiddo comes, I'll never have a week to myself again so I'm definitely taking advantage of it!

1 comment:

Anya said...

When you are ready to take that digital class- let me know. I would love to do that too! Let me know about that girl you know...