Saturday, August 18, 2007

My tooting machine

Nate's cousin Abbie brought him a onesie from her recent trip to Park City. It says "I love big dumps." Little did Abbie know how true this is! He is constantly pooping and tooting! He doesn't act gassy at all...he just loves to fart. I can see it now....sitting in church with my little tooting machine.

It's been nice having Wes home today. I even got out of the house without Nate! My friend Anya invited me to a Stampin Up party and I was thrilled to go. Laurel gave me some stamps for my birthday and I've been needing to get some other stuff so I can use them more! It was nice to get out and feel "normal" again....even if it was only for a few hours. Thanks Anya for getting me out of the house and thanks to Wes for hanging out with Nate.
Today we had to take off Nate's circumcison bandage. Talk about traumatizing! It was kind of stuck so we had to keep soaking it to try to get it off without causing extreme pain. I was SHOCKED to see how raw his poor little thing is! With the bandage on, you didn't get the full effect of how raw his poor skin is down there. They say it can take up to 2 weeks to heal...poor little guy! I can't wait until I can just change his diaper without fear of really hurting him. He also got his second PKU done today so he's had a rough day but is doing a little better now.
Here are more pictures of the little guy. Notice a trend of his eyes ALWAYS being open?!?!?

10 comments:

Alisha said...

Love the pictures! I swear he gets cuter everytime you post. In those pictures he looks a lot like you, Lindsay. Pooping is a good things though...it means he is healthy.

mrs. timberlake said...

Our girls are the same way, very loud and proud. We had a fun moment ourselves during the opening prayer at a friend's Farewell last week. Nothing gives you the Chapel Giggles like a little one's bodily functions.

Kelsey said...

Good for you for getting out of the house. I think some gals don't do that enough and it can be just a little something to re-energize you back up. He is so sweet and perfect!

Trisha said...

He is just so gorgeous! I have really really really been dying to see hime. All our company leaves on Wed., so maybe after that if I don't end up leaving too.

Anya said...

Had a great time with you Linds- we definitely need to do that more often. Cute Cute Cute pictures... is there a shirt/blanket in the background that says, "Kentucky Fried Mullet"..... that is great.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Glad to see him growing so much! I think he is like his dad and doesn't want to miss anything so he stays awake!
Life will settle down and he will sleep!
We can hardly wait to see him!
Doreen

Janae said...

What a beautiful baby! I love the first black and white picture. Good luck with the sleeping thing, it can be a mystery! We credit swaddling and a few great sleep books:)

Weston said...

Yes that is a Kentucky Fried Mullet shirt. My brother got it at Salvation Army and I inherited it while he was on his mission!

Ali said...

At least he gets the gas out and doesn't keep it bottled up inside. Nothing worse than a baby with a tummy ache who is awake all the time.

Lillie said...

Oh Linds-- his FACE! He's just to die for. Is he awake all the time or just really alert when he is? I still can't get over how old and alert he looks compared to how Sophia was, it took her months literally. He is such a handsome boy.