Tuesday, July 31, 2007

As if the desert heat isn't enough

While it does get very hot out here in the desert during the summer....it's a DRY heat which makes it bearable for me. I'm not a fan of humidity. In fact, I hate it.

However, the last few weeks nature has decided to give us both to deal with. The heat & the humidity. According to the weather man, one day last week was up to 87% humidity in the morning. Today we're at 53%. Those numbers are WAY too high for us in Las Vegas. There are a few reasons I enjoy where I live and NO humidity is one of them. I find it gross to walk outside your door and within 5 minutes, you already feel like you need to shower again. Not to mention the frizzy hair.

I'm just hoping we get back to our normal dry heat soon. I can't hack the humidity.

2 comments:

familyof4 said...

That's how I felt yesterday evening. And Texas has the humidity...oh well I'll just have to adjust. BTW..I'm going to be putting my page back on private so if you want to view it email me at KaraLWood@Yahoo.com and I'll send you an email from my blog.

Lillie said...

We've had it too-- yuck. Add pregnancy sweating to that. Double yuck.