Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wimbledon

Ever since I can remember, tennis has been a part of my family. If tennis was being played, it was on the TV at our house growing up. When it was a grand slam tournament, we spent hours watching our favorite players. My mom was often found screaming at the players through the TV ~ as if they could hear her.




I forgot to set my alarm this morning to get up in enough time to watch the beginning of the Finals of Wimbledon so I was grateful for my mom's call this morning reminding me of the great match that was on TV between Nadal and Federer. For most of you out there that don't follow tennis, Federer is the #1 player in the world and is extremely difficult to beat, especially on grass. If anyone can beat him, it's Nadal. And he came closer today than anyone ever has. He lost in 5 sets but he played a great match and I'm sure it boosted his confidence that it's only a matter of time before he can beat Federer at Wimbledon. With Federer's win today, he tied the record for winning Wimbledon 5 years in a row. I'm not a huge fan of Federer so I was sad this morning when Nadal couldn't pull it off in the end, but I always enjoy a good tennis match.


A dream of mine is to go all of the Grand Slam Tournaments....I've been to Wimbledon so I have the Austrailan Open, US Open & French Open to go. Here are a few pictures of our time at Wimbledon in 2001. It's such an amazing tennis arena - I loved it.


6 comments:

laurel said...

You and Sam are so young in that picture!

Someday you'll have to come out to the U.S. Open and also visit me again!

Ali said...

Maybe I should post on my blog about how I have two moms that watch every single tennis match known to man, scream at the TV, and one who even watches old ones on the Tennis channel at my house (my worst nightmare)and somehow it totally missed me. I've been to the German Open, decided to spend the day in London instead of at Wimbleton with the family and will probably never watch another tennis match on television again. What do you think?

Lindsay Griffeth said...

In response to Ali's comment ~ I am not quite as obsessed as mom but if I ever see tennis on TV and it's not an old tournament, I'm usually glued to the screen and have been known to yell at it, too. Not sure how you didn't catch the tennis fever, either.

Anya said...

Your mom is a crack-up. And on a totally different subject, when are you gonna post some nursery pictures- I want to see the "work in progress."

510Jen said...

How fun is that. I loved to see you and Sam together. Hopefully I will see you in a couple of weeks!

Bella Beginnings said...

How fun!!!! Good ole London Days. I sure miss them. I remember when you went and at the time I had no interest, but now, Ryan has really gotten me into tennis and we watch all the tournaments. So when you and wes are interested in going to the French Open, count us in... and I am not joking. Two great pasttimes, France and tennis.
Thanks again for the birthday card, you NEVER forget!!! It was so nice so be remembered! What a great friend.