Friday, July 27, 2007

3.....2......

I’m down to 2 weeks until the due date. It was a little scary when I left my doctor’s appointment this week and Dr. Miller said…”I’ll see you next week unless I see you sooner!” That made me realize that this could happen at any time.

I’ve really tried not to complain during this pregnancy because our little guy truly is a miracle and we’re so grateful to have him. With that being said, I’ve learned two things about the 9th month of pregnancy:
1). Lack of sleep begins. While I realize I have no idea the sleep deprivation I am about to experience, I am getting pretty used to getting up 5-6 times a night and not being able to sleep. The 9th month starts the “no sleep” transition.
2). You actually look forward to labor. I am so uncomfortable that I actually look forward to labor. It somehow sounds appealing because it means this little person will be out of me which means I might be able to see my ankles again, actually put on my own socks and walk without waddling.

With that said, I’ve actually really enjoyed being pregnant. It has been a great experience and I’m fascinated daily that my body literally made another person & that he’s just hanging out in there. It really makes you feel close to your baby when you’ve been able to feel him, what seems like constantly, for months. We are excited to see what he looks like & I’m really curious to see how big he is. Griffeth’s have big babies while Marz babies are small.... so we’ll see. It would be nice if he takes after Marz babies when it comes to weight, but I doubt it. Only time will tell, I guess.

And so….the countdown continues…..3…2…

5 comments:

Taralee said...

Oh man, you're right about what you've learned...especially the sleeping part! I'm so excited for you and reading this entry brought back all my memories of the excitement and craziness that's about to hit you!!! Good luck! It's AMAZING :)

familyof4 said...

Hey Lindsay it's Kara Wood from the ward! Is Dr.Donna Miller your doctor? That is my doctor and I LOVE her to pieces. She delivered Taylor and is also delivering my next baby! She's a great doctor if we are talking about the same one =0) We will be delivery the same week now that I'm most likely being induced. Where are you delivering? Good Luck with everything! Here's my blog
http://wood-family01.blogspot.com

familyof4 said...

Once you have the baby you should treat yourself to a Much Deserved Hot Rock Therapy Massage!! Chris surprised me with one and I LOVED it.

Anya said...

It is really amazing isn't it?

Lillie said...

So the lack of sleep-- I swear it's like that to prepare you for the baby. Because honestly, my sleep was so much better AFTER Sophia was born. Those last weeks: the discomfort, the peeing, the busting at the seams, even though you could sleep and nap all you want compared to later, bed stops feeling good. Kind of a dirty trick. But I think it's so later won't seem that bad because the baby wakes you up, but at least it feels good to get back in bed after and it feels good to sleep in when your newborn sleeps in... things that stopped feeling so good when you feel like a house. Houses don't sleep in beds.

Speaking of houses-- you don't look like one. :) You look perfectly pregnant. Less than two weeks?! Holy Cow.