Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My long pants mystery


I don't understand something about the fashion industry. The Gap makes extra long pants/jeans. They have a 36" inseam and while I still have to let the hem out for them to be long enough, they still have made the effort to make a longer jean which I truly appreciate. If you don't catch them within a week or so of them going online, they are usually sold out which would tell me that they are something that sells well for them. So, do they not realize that tall people wear sweat pants, pajamas, and that tall women get pregnant, too? If their traditional pants sell well in the extra long length, why don't they make sweats and pajamas and maternity jeans in x-long?! It doesn't make ANY sense to me! I've started my search early for long maternity jeans but so far I've been unsuccessful. The fact that I own one pair of sweats that are now going on 7 years old because I can't replace them and that I can't find a pair of maternity jeans has frustrated me. There are so many taller women these days....why don't we have more options? My problem is that while I'm only 6'2, I have abnormally long legs and an average size torso so until people start making 38" inseams.....I'm doomed!


This was one of my venting posts! Thanks for listening!

4 comments:

Lillie said...

I used to think they would never make jeans long enough for me and I'm only 5'10". Not really a problem anymore... slowly but surely maybe? Or maybe you're just doomed 'cause you're a super model. Hmmm.

laurel said...

Frustrating! So I did a little google search for you and came up with some seriously scary-looking pants on some really random websites. Maybe you'll just be wearing skirts for the next several months!

Trisha said...

First of all, I found it really frustrating to find good, cute maternity clothes in the first place. Just keep looking! The good news is you won't need them in another 6 months.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I think super model is a bit of a stretch! :)

I actually wouldn't worry about the pants thing except for we are going on some vacations to colder places where a summer skirt just won't cut it. I agree with you Lillie..I think in time this might not be a problem. Lets hope not!