Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Is there really a baby in there?

Being 4 months along is a strange phase in a pregnancy. Besides my constant hunger, I feel & look pretty much the same. I mean, I gag more than the usual person, everything is smelly & my pants are little tighter, but overall, I feel the same as I did four months ago. In between my doctors visits, I start to wonder if there really is a baby in there? That's why I always look forward to going to the doctor every month.... hearing that amazing little heartbeat reassures me that everything is OK and that the baby is getting stronger and bigger even though I can't feel him/her yet. At what week do you typically start to feel the little one?

4 comments:

Lillie said...

20 weeks-- that's when I officially laid down on my side at night, after a big meal, and paid really close attention and felt the "flutter". It was definitely her, and definitely a flutter... really was an amazing sensation, those first confirmations of life inside. So excited for you Linds!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Thanks Lillie! It sounds like I'm getting closer and closer to feeling the little one!

laurel said...

I can't wait for you to feel the baby. It's amazing. My favorite thing was when you get a little further along and you can feel it so well and even see it. It's great.

Trisha said...

I was exactly the same way with going to the doctor. It was the highlight of every month. It is so reassuring. I think I felt the baby kind of early, although I can't remember at what week. I'll have to go back and look at my journal and let you know. I do know it was before I had my 20 wk ultrasound. It was so exciting!