Friday, February 9, 2007

It's truly a family company

Up until this week, it was just my older sister Ali and myself who worked for my dad on the day to day stuff. Sam has kept his books but that doesn't take her very long each month & she was rarely in the office. However, Sam decided to leave the Gap as a full time employee and started working full-time at Marz & Company this week. I have to say that it is quite a relief for me. I was starting to feel bad that I was "abandoning" my dad in the office, come August. While I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home, he needs someone in the office to help with the phones, his lack of knowledge when it comes to technology, and all of our wonderful clients! :) So, it couldn't be more perfect to have my little sister fill my shoes in the office while I get to stay home with the peanut.

However, just picture having your little sister, who is one of your best friends, working with you ALL day. We realized very early on that getting sidetracked was something that could happen quite often. :) I have to say that I've been very proud of us this week. She got her work done and I focused on mine and we had fun on our lunch breaks. It will be fun training her so that she can handle everything while I'm on maternity leave!

No comments: