Monday, February 12, 2007

A Furniture Free-for-All

I was in a meeting on Friday with one of the companies that we partner with for our development clients & Mark confirmed with Gary that he'd be there the next morning to look at all of his furniture. Gary asked if I knew anyone that needed little kids furniture and I said...."yes, I do. ME!" They didn't know that I was pregnant so it came as quite a surprise. :)

Gary is a very wealthy man but he is so incredibly generous. He recently built a huge, beautiful home and is selling his existing huge & beautiful home. :) They wanted to buy new furniture so they invited a few young couples over on Saturday morning b/c he was GIVING his furniture away! We offered to pay but he wouldn't take the money. He just wanted to give it to people who actually wanted it before he gave it to charity.

We ended up leaving with a truck load of accent pieces....nightstands, these really cute antique tower things, an adorable little beauty station for a little girl, etc. It's so cute! I can't get over how generous Gary was to give away all of his stuff!

1 comment:

Lillie said...

WOW that's like heaven to me. Exactly what you just described. A big gorgeous house full of furniture for the taking... wow. So jealous... I mean, so happy for you. :)

Love that you like the birthday tribute. I copied my friend Missy who always does that on her blog. Figured she wouldn't mind. I think it only makes sense on a loved one's birthday you know? Glad you're doing the same.