Thursday, February 15, 2007

Flashback Friday - London

One of my most favorite times in my life was when I did a BYU Study Abroad in London. I spent about two months there in 2001. When I got there, I didn't know anyone and I left with such wonderful friends. The five of us in this picture all keep in touch regularly.
We lived in Nottinghill in the old Russian Embassy that BYU bought years ago. Tina and Tony ran the place - they cooked for all of us every day & we even had people that cleaned our rooms/bathroom for us. Could life be any easier? They genuinely wanted us to enjoy our experience instead of worrying about cooking, cleaning & homework. :)

I've been back to Europe (Italy) since this trip & I've come to realize that I will never truly know a city unless I get to live there. I feel like I truly know London. I got to not only do the touristy things but have a day-to-day life there. We had time to enjoy the beautiful parks & see endless plays and just live life in England. We went on two week long trips. One went south and one went north. We went all over England & even in to Scotland. What a beautiful country that I can't wait to get back to. I would love to live there for a while someday. Sam & I talk about going back with just the two of us since we both did a study abroad there and we appreciate the same things about London. We haven't made it back yet but I'm hoping to do it in the next few years.

1 comment:

laurel said...

Ahhh, London. That is such a cute picture!