Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Vegas Rain

I was out running errands tonight and it started "raining." Some might call it rain but it was a very light sprinkle for a long while. I was throughly enjoying the moisture in the air & the sprinkles as I got in and out of my car. However, it was really funny to see the reactions of everyone else that was out shopping as well. People were sprinting with bags, purses, a blanket from their car, etc. over their heads in and out of stores in a panic! It wasn't even raining yet! They didn't know what to do with this light mist that was in the air. I'd love to see them in Seattle or something! It must be this desert that does wierd things to you. :)

3 comments:

laurel said...

That's so funny! I will never forget how hard it did rain just minutes after your wedding reception. People on the streets were in panic mode!

It snowed here last night for the first time this winter. It looks like a really nasty day outside :(

Lillie said...

"It must be the desert that does wierd things to you"...I'll second that. PLEASE give me rain... a mist, fog, the remnants of a sprinkler system somewhere...anything.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Laurel...good morning america made your part of the country look miserable this morning! Looks like you're getting a lot of snow. Is it that way in the city too or just other parts of NY? Yes, it did downpour right after our reception. Now if it was doing that last night, I would have been running too. :)

Lillie - You definitely understand how nice it is to get rain since we rarely ever get it. It actually rained pretty hard last night which I really enjoyed. I too enjoy just seeing the sprinklers on. :)