Monday, February 5, 2007

Weekend of friends & family

Trisha and Josh recently moved back in to the house she grew up in. It's a beautiful home in Summerlin which means we definitely took for granted the fact that they used to live somewhat on our side of town. :) We went out there on Friday night - it's always so good to see them. Macie is getting so big and it's fun to be able to see her regularly enough to watch her grow up. We are definitely glad they stayed here instead of moving to Northern Nevada! Trish made a great dinner and then we played a game of Life.
Saturday was also a fun day. Wes finished our entertainment center! I love it. It almost looks complete....I just need to update the decor! I am the YW volleyball coach in our ward so I was gone for 3+ hours coaching just to run home in enough time to make dinner for "movie night." I don't think I've ever talked about movie night on here. There is a group of about 10 of us that get together once a month. Every month it is someone else's turn to make dinner for everyone and pick their favorite movie to watch. So far, most movies are from your childhood or growing up, so I've seen a lot of new movies! It was Wes' pick this time and we watched Return to Snowy River, one of his all time favorites. He says it what has inspired him to be a cowboy. :) It's a fun night that we look forward to.
A friend of mine from high school, Cody Treese, called me out of the blue on Saturday and invited us to his parent's house to watch the Super Bowl. They recently had a little girl & she is beautiful! Such a pretty newborn. It was fun to see them. We couldn't stay for the whole game because we went to my parent's house for dinner. Busy weekend but we got to see a lot of friends and family which we really enjoy!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

We had fun with you guys over. I'm glad we live close enough to still hang out. Let's do it again soon!