Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A Hotel Snob

Trisha's post of her OCD confessions & our trip to Dana Point this last weekend reminded me that I am a hotel snob. I have a real problem with hotels unless they are absolutely top of the line and they can "hide" the germs & the fact that thousands and thousands of people have been there. The problem is, those hotels are out of my price range.

It's a real problem for me & it gets worse every time I travel! It hasn't always been a problem - it has really come to surface in the last few years or so. I hate knowing that hundreds of people have slept in the bed I am about to crawl in to. Even though they are clean sheets and clean pillowcases, that doesn't matter to me. I typically bring my own pillow & a fleece blanket to wrap myself in. The floors gross me out, bathtubs are just plain nasty to think about how many feet have been in there....even the shower heads creep me out. While I know they clean these places daily, do they really sanitize them? I don't think so! I can only imagine what we'd find if everything like the remote, the door handle, the blinds, the carpet, & the bedspread were tested! The only time I'm not bothered by a hotel is if it is close to a 5 star. I know, it means I'm a hotel snob, but I can't help it. I blame my mom for part of this problem! Trisha - your obsessiveness over things makes me feel a little better!

I will post our trip to Dana Point very soon! Just waiting for the pictures....

3 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm glad my craziness makes you feel better. We all have our little issues don't we. I am right up there with you on hotel rooms. I refuse to touch the comforter and always wear shoes. I can't wait to see pictures from your trip!

Lillie said...

I promise your suite in Indio, California will be thoroughly sanitized prior to your arrival.

;)Can't wait!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You're funny, Lillie. I don't think I've ever slept better on vacation than the night we spent at your house! You have such a comfortable & beautiful guest room! We're looking forward to coming again!