Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Dana Point, California










Last weekend we took a trip to Dana Point, California. Our friends, Ryan & Leslie, won a trip through her work so we decided to join them. For those of you who don't know, Dana Point is a little town just south of Laguna Beach.

We had a such a nice weekend! We arrived early Friday morning in enough time for Ryan & Wes to play a round of golf while Leslie and I went to the spa to get manicures. Leslie & I then went down to the Harbor to walk around and have lunch and ended up sitting on the beach for an hour or so, enjoying the beautiful weather, sand, and the view of the ocean.
On Saturday we decided to venture about 20 minutes south to Carlsbad where we went to an outlet mall. I lucked out! They had a small maternity section in the Gap outlet where I found my newest and most comfortable pair of capris. I love them! We went whale watching that afternoon. We saw a few whales and about 5 sea lions. I just love being out on the water. We had a great dinner that night at a Japanese steak house.
Wes & I enjoyed Sunday by going to church and then sitting down at the harbor for a few hours, enjoying each others company before I had to leave. Wes stayed in California because he "had" to play in a golf tournament for work on Monday and Tuesday. :)

We had a great time together. It was a nice get-away ~ probably our last besides a few family trips before we have another Griffeth running around!

3 comments:

Anya said...

Okay Lindsay- I made a blog! While it is definitely in it's infancy stages, I think I could get the hang of it... I am having problems with posting pictures?! Anyway. It is "theboysandAnya.blogspot.com" I think I will mostly end up just using the time to document things teh boys do- I am sure I will eventually add in things that Sam and I are doing (as if we really do anything, right?) Thanks for the invite- it is fun reading about you and Wes!

laurel said...

So fun! I am jealous of your warm weather vacation!

Seth said...

So, thanks for the headsup about your trip, I pretty much live in Dana Point. Jk, like you even know where I live, though I seriously do live on the boarder of Laguna Niguel and Dana Point. Email me next time or whatever. Seth