Friday, October 31, 2008

a {not-so-fun} Halloween

The Halloween night we {planned} consisted of:
an evening with my parent's and Sam. homemade potato soup in bread bowls. melissa's salad. nate as an elephant trick-or-treating in my parent's neighborhood. lots of candy.

The Halloween night we {got} consisted of:
one very sick little boy puking.


Nate and I managed to catch colds earlier this week so we're both a little under the weather but since he was acting normal today we thought he'd be up for a little trick-or-treating. We got to my parent's house and while I ran to the store to get a few items for the soup, Nate threw up twice. After the third throw-up that filled a bowl, Wes took Nate home while I finished making the soup and ate with my family.

Talk about a crappy Halloween. I wish I could take over all of the sickness for Nate. Watching a 1 year old puke that much is terrible. Poor little guy. I really hope that he starts to feel better soon.

After seeing how much fun he had at the trunk-or-treat, I really wish we could have dressed him up and taken him trick-or-treating. But it helps that he's young enough to not be disappointed since he doesn't know what he missed out on.

Happy Halloween. Hopefully next year we'll have a healthy one!

9 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

That is no bueno.

BUT, at least he had the trunk or treat -

I completely hear ya on taking away the illnesses of the little lambs. It is no fun to just stand by and not be able to "fix" it... You want to wave your wand and zap the sickness away.

Hope he feels better tomorrow.

Bella Beginnings said...

Poor little nate. At least he didn't know any better. I hate having my little ones sick. Nothing worse than a puking baby!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

You're right, nothing sadder than seeing your baby throwing up...and on Halloween no less! My nephew Tyler (Clay and Amber's son) was also puking his guts out on Halloween. It's tragic for a kid!

Tina said...

I haven't had time to peek at the blogs lately but what cute posts I read them all. Cute little elephant too bad he got sick but at leat he enjoyed trunk or treat. Glad you trip to Salt Lake was fun. I can't believe you had never been to Gardner Village. I have worked there on and off through the years. Do your friends live in South Jordan? Loved your Halloween decorations. We have had great weather too but I think it's about to change thank goodness I finished getting my yard ready for winter today. Glad to see everything is great and you're having fun. Happy Birthday Wes

The Skeehan Family said...

That's horrible. I am so sorry he got sick. What a yucky way to spend Halloween. Hope he is better today, though.

Anya said...

Isaac got bronchitis last night. Yes- sickness on halloween is so not fun!

familyof4 said...

Poor Nate. At least he had a great time at Trunk or Treating. I hope you are feeling better too!

*I saw your updated post. Glad he is doing better. If he's still throwing up Pedialyte is good to use so he doesn't get dehydrated.

Lillie said...

So so so sorry. And you're so good at all this holiday stuff. It really is a shame. Hope he's all better!

Trisha said...

The exact same thing happened to us last year! Macie started throwing up at my aunt's house before the trick-or-treating started. It was such a bummer. However, this year was great! I hope that cute little guy is better.