Sunday, October 26, 2008

First Annual Weekend with the Andrus'



Our good friends Ryan & Leslie moved back to Utah earlier this year. We haven't had a weekend with all of us since they moved so for Wes' birthday we went to Utah to spend a weekend with them. It will definitely be an annual October tradition!



We flew up Friday morning. Leslie and I made a quick trip to Gardner Village. Please tell me how I lived in Utah for 6 years and I never went there? I LOVED it. It's a village of cute little shops and they have it all decorated for Halloween. And, all of their Halloween decorations were 50% off! We found a few great things.



We made it back in enough time for the boys to golf 9 holes. Ryan & Wes both L O V E to golf so it was nice for them to get out and play. That night we went to Famous Daves for a yummy BBQ dinner. Prior to kids entering our lives, we used to play endless hours of Hearts. It was nice to put the kids down and be able to play again! Unfortunately, the Andrus' are the hearts champions this time.

On Saturday morning we took the kiddos trick-or-treating at Hogle Zoo. Leslie made sure we got all of the candy without waiting in line. I wish we had a decent zoo in Vegas because Nate had a great time! I forgot his costume but luckily he didn't notice the difference.



He loved people watching and all of the animals. When we walked up to the bears, Wes took him up as close as he could go and Nate started growling like a bear. He did that the entire time they watched the bears! As we walked over to the zebras, a kid was dressed up like Elmo and Nate was very excited that Elmo was at the zoo, too. :)




Since Saturday was Wes' birthday, Leslie and I volunteered to stay home with the kids that afternoon while Wes and Ryan played another 9 holes of golf. That's a perfect bday present for Wes!

That night we had a favorite . . . Cafe Rio for dinner and then let the kids play at a pumpkin patch.






Leslie and I made a pit stop on the way home for these:



YUM.

We had a great weekend with friends we miss, lots of yummy food & fabulous weather.

8 comments:

Anya said...

Sounds like you got your cool weather fix for the moment.

mrs. timberlake said...

A-MAZING pictures. Perfect for Fall, you are right.

LOVING Nate's shoes.

And at the end, I thought you were going to have a picture of chocolate covered gummy bears, but no. :(

Doreen Griffeth said...

You guys really know how to pack a weekend! Wow! Where is Gardner Village??? Loved ALL the pictures! Nate looks SO big!
Love,
MOM G

Becky Chatwin said...

I miss Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. There is one here, but it just isn't the same....

Teisha said...

Nate is starting to look like a little man! I also love Gardner Village. I wish I would have gone more when I lived there. And you guys travel SOOOO much!

Andrus Family said...

Okay, those are some great pictures!! When I finally get around to blogging about our weekend, I might just copy and paste your entry! We had such a fun weekend, and definitely think it should be a tradition. Hope Wes had a good birthday, especially since he got chicken for breakfast! Miss you guys already...

Lillie said...

What beautiful pictures Linds! And that Nate of yours is turning into a little blondie!

The Skeehan Family said...

Looks like you guys had SUCH a fun time - am jealous you got to break out jackets and hoodies and have actually scene a few fall colors.

And ps, LOVE Gardener Village too - Heather took me there, yeah, no idea how we didn't see that while we live there!