Wednesday, October 29, 2008

an elephant at the "trunk or treat"



Nate is an elephant this year for Halloween. I'm a sucker for little kids in animal costumes. Nate was my little monkey last year.



Last night we had our ward trunk-or-treat. We always have a great turnout which makes it fun! The night consists of chili and cornbread, games for the kiddos, a train ride & lots of trunk or treating.

Lets just say Nate had a G R E A T time. His fun started with a "train ride" of sorts. The dad of one of the girls in our ward brings this train that he made every year to our trunk-or-treat. He pulls it with a 4-wheeler and the kids L O V E it. I found a big kid, Jadyn Rich, to ride it with Nate in case he tried to climb out mid-ride. He's a climber these days. Jadyn rode it with him a few times ~ how nice of her!



He loved the train ride. This was his face when he realized he had to wait in line to ride it again.



Not only did he love the train but he loved trick-or-treating, too. He had a death grip on his pumpkin that was holding all of his candy. Regardless of how heavy it got, he wouldn't let me hold it for him! Even though we were there way past his bedtime he was a happy kid ~ he always is when there's that much fun going on.




More elephant pictures to come after tomorrow night!

12 comments:

Alisha said...

I love the costume! He is looking so big! I can't believe he kept the hood on so well...my kids pull it down the first chance they get! The house, as always, looks very festive and fun!

Katrina said...

I love the animal costumes. So cute!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Wow! He caught on really fast to the whole treat thing! So cute!!! Thanks for sharing!
Love,
MOM G

Anya said...

Elephant was a good choice for Mr. Nate- he looks soooo adorable. Hopefully he will never learn about dumb superheroes that MY children are now obsessed with for Halloween.

Amander said...

Oh my goodness! That is one the cutest outfits ever!

Julie T. said...

What a cute little elephant! Especially the sad face when he's waiting for the train!
Your house was decorated so cute when I was over for the class.

mrs. timberlake said...

oooooooooooh kay,
The picture of Mr. Elephant waiting for the train is more than I can take. Honestly, you might need to send me printed copy of that one. That might be my favorite one - well at least this week.

The Roe Family said...

We were especiallly glad to see Nate as an elephant, there is no better time than the present to get them to make a political stand. And no better choice than the elephant. Just kidding he'd be adorable in anything.

Crouch6 said...

He looks so cute!

Bella Beginnings said...

He looks so cute! Great pictures!

The Skeehan Family said...

He is by far the CUTEST elephant I have EVER seen!!! So glad he enjoyed the trunk-or-treat :)

And I looooooove the close-up. He is SO handsome :)

Trisha said...

Yes, that is definitely the cutest elephant I have ever seen!