Sunday, October 5, 2008

i love weekends like this

I had a pretty good weekend starting on Friday! As I headed out to run errands on Friday morning . . . I impulsively called my mom and my sisters to see if they wanted to meet me for lunch at The District and Sam and my mom were available so I got to have lunch with them. I was going to go down to The Gap to use my 30% off coupon and my mom said she was going to be home all afternoon so she offered to let Nate sleep at her house while I went shopping BY MYSELF! That never happens so I took her up on it. I got 2 hours out and I was able to not only go to The Gap . . . but run a few other errands, too! Thanks mom.

On Saturday, our "chore free summer" ended as we finished our backyard. We finally got the rock to fill in around our stamped concrete stepping stones. We have the best neighbors that live right next to us. Every time Wes has pulled up with a truck load of anything, our neighbors come out with their gloves on ready to help. We happened to have a lot of extra rock & our neighbors needed some in their backyard so that worked out perfect. Nate had a fabulous morning playing in the rocks and dirt! He really did love it. He even got to play with our neighbors dogs. He's definitely an animal lover so he loved that, too. He was so dirty so we let him play in the back of the truck with the hose after Wes cleaned out the truck.



We also bought the sand to fill up Nate's sandbox. Lets just say it's a hit. He LOVES it. We'll be spending lots of afternoons in this thing.



After a day in the dirt, rocks, water & sand . . . he took a bath or two (or three) that day.




Once I finish planting a few things I'll post pictures of the entire backyard.

All of that happened before noon on Saturday. On Saturday afternoon, I went to Art in the Park in Boulder City with my mom and Sam. It's an annual tradition that I look forward to! We made it home in enough time for Wes and my dad to go to the Priesthood Session of conference and then we went out to dinner while they were there. Another tradition!

The only bummer about Saturday was we missed conference. But that's the good thing about a DVR. We plan on watching Saturday's sessions this week!

Sunday was great, too. We met my entire family at my parents after the first session for a yummy brunch. My parent's recently got a little jungle gym slide thing for the kiddos so Abbie and Nate had a great time playing on that. It was fun being with everyone . . . we haven't all been together in a while! We ended up staying at my parent's house until about 5:00pm ~ just visiting and hanging out, enjoying the great weather! It's FINALLY started to cool off here! It's about time. The summer inferno was killing me!


14 comments:

Ali said...

Where did you get a 30% off coupon? They didn't send me one...

katierose said...

holy tan line! nate definitely got your awesome skin! sounds like you had a great weekend. hopefully we'll get to see your sweet new backyard soon!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Fun weekend! Eventful too! I want to see your finished backyard...in person!

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a great weekend! I LOVE Conference weekend! We can hardly wait to see the backyard, too! Keep sending the awesome pics of Nate! I LOVE them! What a cutie!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

Can't wait to see the finished backyard! Glad you all had a good weekend! Love the pictures of Naters!

The Magic Family said...

Have I told you lately how cute Nate is... because he is so cute! And your pictures are always SO GOOD! That may attribute a tiny bit on how cute he looks in all of these picutres, but bottom line... He is just a stud of a little man!

mrs. timberlake said...

Can't wait to see the backyard. So get to planting!

Mr. Nate is as cute as ever. Love that he loves the sand - Great idea.

Kelsey said...

what are you doing in photoshop to turn your pics all rustic. Is it an action! Youre getting some great shots. I am proud of you! Glad you had such a great weekend.

Teisha said...

I love his cute little bum bum. What a great tan!It seems like you guys always have a project. That is great you guys keep "beautifying" everything.

familyof4 said...

What a great weekend with the family! We did something similar. As always, you have taken wonderful pictures! What camera do yo have?

And yea...how or where did you get a 30% coupon? Please let me know!

Katie said...

He's getting so big. I love his cute little face! And I'm so jealous of your NY trip. I need some of that weather and atmosphere right about now. I loved all your pictures too - so fun!!

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Fun weekend!!! Nate and Abbie are getting so big and they look like they have fun together.

Bella Beginnings said...

sounds like a perfect weekend! I love outdoor toys. I am so exicted about the weather as it is finally cooling off in AZ and we can exist outside again.

Julie T. said...

Nate's eyes are so beautiful! I know he's a boy and that is not really a descriptive word used for boys, but really. . .they are amazing!