Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gator Volleyball

I went back to good ol' GVHS tonight to watch a volleyball game. My high school volleyball coach, Erin Hill, is still coaching there so I figured that was the easiest place to say hello. Plus, I love a good volleyball game.

When Nate & I first got there, we sat with a family friend who was there watching their daughter play. The entire guys soccer team was right next to us so it was quite loud. Nate didn't know what to think so for the first game, he sat quietly on my lap looking around. By the second game he figured it was a fun atmosphere and wanted to play, too so he was all over.

Being there brought back lots of volleyball memories. Coach Hill runs her high school team like a Division 1 college volleyball team. Which I loved. It meant if you weren't totally dedicated . . . you didn't make the team. Which is why I played volleyball for 10 months out of the year. You had to to be able to play at Green Valley. I loved my time on the court. It will always be one of my favorite memories. It was great to see Coach Hill ~ while I talk to her relatively often, I don't see her much so it was fun to chat and for her to meet Nate.


State Championships - Senior Year


I saw a number of people from my highschool days. Since Wes is out of town . . . Nate and I had a fun night out together! He definitely kept everyone around us entertained.

4 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

What fond memories you have! It is fun to visit the old stomping grounds. To me, it is hard to believe that it's already over!
Thanks for the updates!
Love,
MOM G

Lillie said...

I can totally hear the squeeky shoes on the court and hear our warm-up music.... oh the nostalgia. I LOVE LOVE LOVE H.S Volleyball days.

mrs. timberlake said...

a few comments.

A) you were still in H.S. in 98. (sigh)
B) what a hottie patottie team.
C) I loved loved loved volleyball, but sr. year we only won one game. (double sigh)

Katie said...

Awww...look at all you. Memories of those days I'm sure! And I have to say how cute Nate is - as always. That little brown ensemble is the best! He's getting so big!