Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dear Mother Nature,

I'm ready for jeans. a sweatshirt. my Uggs. Perhaps even a scarf. Soup in a bread bowl. Hot chocolate. My Gap warm slippers. Nate all bundled up.

But instead, it's October 23rd and I'm still: wearing shorts/Tshirt/flip flops. Sweaty and hot when I load Nate in to the car. Hot when we're at the park. And I'm still running my air conditioning.

Can we please leave the 80's and take a nose dive right in to the 60's?

Thanks,
Lindsay

P.S. I don't want to sound too ungrateful. I am thouroughly enjoying the bright blue skies and no wind. That part about Vegas weather is perfect. And yes, I'll be thanking you for the 50 degree weather in December and January!

8 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

Ditto.
Love, Amy

(although, don't tell the boogy man - but our windows are open!)

Bella Beginnings said...

I am with you... it is still so hot in AZ. I am trying to revolt and only run my AC in the afternoon after the coolness of the night has worn off and my house is seriously unbearable! Help, I can't even go to a pumpkin patch, because the pumpkins smell musty... yuck! Oh to have falling leaves, but I must say the winter weather is oh so nice!

Becky Chatwin said...

Here Here! I am so ready for the cool down. I love my long sleeves and sweaters. Maybe your letter will help! :o)

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

That sounds great to me. Although I just spent a week in Utah with the warm clothes and winter food and Ryker and I both ended up with colds.

The Jacksons said...

I'm so with you on this. Phoenix is still in the 80's as well and I want to wear my sweaters!

Unknown said...

Amen to that. It's been high 80's here in Nor Cal. My swollen feet need it to cool down!!

The Skeehan Family said...

Again, ditto.

Although Dan not only left the window but the back door open last night too.

And then the dog barked viciously in the middle of the night.

Needless to say, the door was closed to forever remain locked during the night.

The Skeehan Family said...

PS, love the picture of Nate by the broom ride pic and the new picture of the three of you...