Thursday, October 16, 2008

"i want some milk"

Every time Nate wakes up . . . he likes me to sit in the chair in his room and he sits on my lap as he looks at books. After a minute or two, he almost always looks up at me and squeezes his hand over and over signing to me that he wants milk. I ask him, "do you want some milk?" And he nods yes and gets a huge grin. He loves that he can communicate with me and I love it, too.

Don't think this happens with everything but it's nice that he can tell me a few things that he wants. And I love his pure excitement when I can get it for him.

Hooray for sign language.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Daisy loves to tell me she is drinking milk while she is working on her bottle. It is a very handy form of communication.

mrs. timberlake said...

I love how the boy who wouldn't drink milk at all for you, now requests it.

The girls sign "more" - each in their own way, mackenzie is little more graceful and deliberate, addison a little more hasty.

Regardless as you say, communicating is very rewarding.

familyof4 said...

Very cool. Nate is such a stud =)

Lauren signing for me makes our lives a lot happier, and I finally got her to sign Please. It's Great.

Kiley said...

That is cute. He is so smart! and He is the most polite little kid I've ever met! I hope he rubs off on hadley!