Sunday, October 12, 2008

All three of us at home. 2 weekends in a row. It's a record.

It was nice to be at home with Wes and Nate again this weekend. Being home is especially nice after all of our September traveling.



We had a good mix of fun & being productive this weekend. For some reason, our master bedroom is always the last bedroom to get decorated in our house so we finally painted the master bed and bath on Friday and Saturday night after we put Nate to bed. Wes and I don't want to see a paint brush again for a long time but I'm glad it's done. We ended up copying Sam and painting our master bedroom the same color as hers . . . it's a brownish grey. On top of the painting, I went through our entire bathroom and cleaned out cupboards and drawers and got rid of a lot of stuff. It feels like a whole new room!

I got to spend Saturday afternoon at Anya's baby shower. She is a dear friend I've known since Kindergarten and after having two boys . . . she is going to have a little girl any day now! It was fun to see her get lots of PINK. Lately my obsession has been chocolate covered strawberries, grapes & peanut butter pretzels so that was my food contribution to the shower.



On Sunday afternoon we went to my parent's house to have Wes' birthday dinner two weeks early. It's the only weekend in October when we were all in town. My mom made him one of his favs . . . ribs! Before everyone got there, we spent some time outside with Nate. Notice the pants and the zip-up hoodie. That means it's NOT HOT here anymore. I love my parent's neighborhood. It's a one-of-a-kind in Las Vegas with grown trees and grass everywhere. Nate loves to walk down the street and play with everyone's grass and rocks!






Abbie was really cute tonight. She kept saying to Wes . . ."Happy Birthday, Wes. My birthday is next & then we can sing to me."



Happy early Birthday, babe!

9 comments:

Lillie said...

Isn't it amazing???? We went on a walk tonight with the girls bundled in blankets-- I got to wear long sleeves. We made chili and cornbread. I'm in heaven.

Chocolate covered grapes???? I've never tried that? Are they good? We've been really into the choc. covered strawberries too. Ok so have you tried the big huge milk chocolate bar from Fresh and Easy for your dipping? I think they're better than Trader Joe's Pound Plus bar. It's the one in the blue wrapper. The best.

mrs. timberlake said...

Amen Sista to BELOW 90 degree weather!

Nate is as cute as ever, and okay, so is Wes.

p.s. I still haven't tried Trader Joes dipping chocolate, but it looks like you need to try F&E's, then tell me which one is easiest!

Anya said...

Thanks Linds for the great chocolate dipped stuff. I think I ate half the platter- no joke.

Katrina said...

It sounds like you guys were busy this weekend.

The orchard is on the 95 and I think Ann road. This is their website http://www.gilcreaseorchard.org/ They have directions and what's in season. It was a lot of fun. Make sure you look at the times before you go out.

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a grown up little boy!!! So fun to see you all in action!
Love,
MOM G

Teisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teisha said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Did you make those chocolate covered strawberries yourself? They look so good!

I leave the kids at home with Collins when I go to the gym. I know a lot of people take their kids to the daycare but it still costs money and it scares me a little. Especially when your kids can't talk and tell you what is going on.

The Skeehan Family said...

OH my gosh - you painted AFTER Nate went to bed - of course, why not?? That's what I always do once I put Claire down and am not the least bit exhausted! :)

And love chocolate covered anything so you definitely won me over there too.

And since I didn't comment on the last post - I can't believe all Nate is doing now - holy hannah - he is growing up so fast - and love the pic of him pushing his train, darling.

And of course, happy early birthday Weston R. - it's the 25th, right?

Alisha said...

I'm sure you all are super exited about fall being here. I'm sure you all had a great time celebrating Weston's birthday!