Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Part One: FAMILY



One of the many things I am grateful for is family. My boys, Wes & Nate, are such a blessing in my life. I never thought I could love two people like I love them.

I'm also grateful for my family and Wes' family. We especially love spending holidays with them. This year, we spent Thanksgiving with the Griffeths and we'll spend Christmas with the Marz clan.

Our Thanksgiving was great this year. By Wednesday afternoon, everyone was together. We got to Georgia on Sunday so we had a few low-key days before the entire family was around. It meant I got to spend a few days with just my sister-in-law Alyssa and her daughter Olivia who is 3 weeks younger than Nate. They had a great time together. It was so cute...when I first walked in the door with Nate on Sunday, Grant was holding Olivia in the kitchen. As soon as they saw each other, they both just smiled and "talked" to each other. It was almost like they knew each other and were so excited to see each other again. It was really cute. It's been fun having a sister-in-law with a baby so close in age to Nate. We go through everything together! It was fun to take our kiddos on a walk & let them play together. Bayley and Kendal were also so cute with Nate. They love their new cousin & I know Nate enjoyed all of the attention.

In the last year or so, Wes' sister and brother each bought new homes which we hadnt seen yet. We got to see Alisha/Jeff's home in Alabama and Spencer/Leigh's home in Ellijay, Georgia. They both have such beautiful homes and it was fun to see where they live. They both live in pretty small towns that are so green and beautiful.

Wes got to play golf one day with his brothers and dad which he always enjoys. One tradition that we started this year was a Turkey Trot. All of us were signed up to either run/walk a 5K or a 10K. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain that day so most of us opted to stay home but Alisha, Jeff & Doreen still went. If we didn't have babies, I'm sure more of us would have gone but it was just too cold and wet to take them along. I do think it's a fun tradition to get up and get some exercise on Thanksgiving morning so hopefully next time the weather will cooperate. Another tradition that actually happened is the day after Thanksgiving shopping. I usually get up with Alisha and Doreen but I was so tired with Nate that I wasn't willing to set an alarm for 4:30 to go shopping! So, Alyssa and I left around 6:45 to do some shopping of our own. It was fun!

We play lots of games and watch lots of sports when we're together with The Griffeths. We had such a great time and we are always sad when we leave because we know it will be a while before we see everyone again. I wish Georgia were right next to Nevada!

Here are lots of pictures of the Griffeth family. We got actual family pictures taken but I don't have my disk yet so I'll post some of the those when I get it. These are just a few I took of our vacation!






Nate and Olivia in their matching pajamas


Nate playing on the grass

At Spencer and Leigh's home where they made us a yummy dinner!
Nate with his cousins, Bayley & Kendal

9 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

What fun it was to have everyone together! I, too, wish we were all a little closer in distance and time zones! Thanks for sharing the pictures! We'll get the disk to you of all the pictures soon!
Love,
MOM G

Ali said...

The picture of the three of you turned out really nice...Christmas card material.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I loved all of your photos...Especially the one of Kendal on the bench!!! Olivia and I had a great time hanging out with you guys last week! We miss you guys already. :)

P.S.- I really want the recipe for that yummy salad dressing!

Lillie said...

Oh what great pictures. Another reason I'm DESPERATE for a nice SLR. You always have beautiful pictures.

mrs. timberlake said...

Great pics. Can't wait for Part Two. Nate is getting more and more handsome.

Hope you are catching up on your zzzzzs.

Alisha said...

We had a great time! We really do wish that we lived closer to you all! The pictures look great! I too am anxiously awaiting the disk with all of the pictures!

510Jen said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Living away from some of the family is a hard thing. I took Jen and the kids to the airport today so it's kind of been a sad day. I wish Iowa was next to Utah or at least had an airport easy to get into.

Tina said...

The comment from Jen wasn't really from Jen it was from me. I guess Jen rubbed off on me while she was here. I came down to my computer and saw that it was on you sight so I just decided to comment not thinking who had logged in. The other comments are mine also. Maybe it will wear off in a week or two.

The Skeehan Family said...

That picture of the three of you is just beautiful, and the one of Nate on the grass.. wow. What a handsome man!! Can't wait for him to meet his betrothed :) (did I spell that right??)

And what a wonderful Thanksgiving...