Wednesday, November 14, 2007

nate's life

While most of our parents have memories of us growing up, how many of them actually put it on paper? How many of us can go to our parents house and find organized photos and memories written down about our childhood? I know I can't. I can open a cupboard and find pictures thrown in a box but no one really remembers how old I am or any of the details. Our memories are amazing but unless certain things get written down, they are forgotten & not always passed along.

I want Nate to be able to compare his childhood to his own kids. I want him to be able to look through an organized story of his life. Thank goodness I love to scrapbook! I've been really motivated since Nate was born to capture the moments of his life that I'd forget if they weren't written down. Yes, the blog is a great way to do it but I still love a good old scrapbook.

I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible....going month by month on his first year of life since he is changing all of the time. I'm all finished through month 2. As you can see, I haven't embraced the digital scrapbooking world. Not sure if I ever will. Although, I'd love to do a combination of both one day. Still the typical book with elements of the digital world incorporated in. That's a goal of mine in 2008.

Here are a few pages of his life so far.....



16 comments:

Bella Beginnings said...

This is seriously a goal of mine... I am just a little behind. I love how simple you keep it! He will love and cherish it as will you, becuase as you may have noticed, your brain forgets things as the baby grows!

Ali said...

You've made it a lot further than I have. Abbie's stuff is still in a pile waiting for the day I have time to put it together. She may just inherit a pile from me someday.

Trisha said...

Once again, your high level of craftiness expertise makes me depressed. I do, however, have all of Macie's photos organized by date and age. Ok there, I feel a little better.

Amanda said...

I am so glad to see more than one picture on a page- I try to put as many as I can on a page! I too have not turned to digital, too many supplies would go to waste, maybe someday! Your pages are darling by the way.

familyof4 said...

I wish I had patients for scraping! I just recently started making pages from SmileBox.com. (I have link to my family section called My girls). It's cool because they have 3 different options. I'm using the free ones right now and eventually will upgrade so I can print the pages out. Kiley McDonald is doing my hair for the first time. I've had the same hair stylist for the past 4 years. Her name is Rhonda and she works at Euphoria off gvpkwy. & 2-15.

mrs. timberlake said...

feeling inadequate... very very inadequate...

as always, your work is so dang cute.

Julie T. said...

Lindsay you are amazing!! I wish that I had a scrapbook for Riley. It is true that unless your memories are on paper they are easily forgotten or confused. You are a great example to me- maybe one day I will get my act together and start one!

Taralee said...

I sooo agree about easily forgetting things. I've tried to keep a book for my girls just writing all that they go through and the cute things they do. And nice scrapbooking. It's NEVER been something I ever did OR enjoyed, but I've always thought they were cute! I LOVE digital scrapbooking for lots of reasons and it's great that there's no mess to :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

Amazing! I love that you are doing that! You will have to enjoy Wes' from a box! Sorry! Nate will enjoy it someday!
Mom G

Alyssa Griffeth said...

You're incredible...I WISH I could say I was as caught up as you are- Haha! In my dreams! I'm trying out the online scrapbooking approach this time around. We'll see how it goes. :) See you SUNDAY!!

Andrus Family said...

Alright Linds, when I have my time off for maternity I'm going to make you make me try scrapbooking! Your pages are always sooo cute!

Sammy said...

al... all i got was a pile. And i was fine with it

Sammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Boz said...

why are you so freaking amazing! Honestly- it makes me a little sick. j/k After 4 years of being an apprentice to you on cute craftiness, I'm still no where near the level of "expert" as you are. You truly are the master!

Lillie said...

You are just too good at this-- Every time I get a thank you card from you-- or anything your craftiness has touched-- I save it with the intent of copying you some day. And even THAT would be super ambitious of me... to steal your ideas. Sad. You're really amazing at this stuff Linds.

510Jen said...

Great scrapbooking pages! Talent must run in the second generation.