Tuesday, October 16, 2007

never underestimate a baby's strength

As with most babies, every time Nate goes to sleep he has to be swaddled. He doesn't really like it but lately he has been better about not fighting us as we swaddle him. He still does everything he can to get out. A few nights ago, he succeeded with a leg. Usually it's an arm but this time it was his leg.
He's a pretty strong dude so we usually swaddle him twice. He gets the swaddle me blanket and then another blanket wrapped around him. On Saturday night at 3am, I heard him crying so I went in and this is what I found. I had to run downstairs to get the camera. He not only got the top blanket off but he got his leg out, too! He starts at one end of the bed and ends up at the other. He throws these little "tantrums" when he wakes up swaddled and does everything he can to get out. It's pretty funny. I'm always amazed at how strong he is.

4 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I love it! What a crack up!!!

Tina said...

I guess he likes a little bit of freedom.

Anya said...

The "double" swaddle cracks me up!
Some boys just need to move around.

Trisha said...

I'm impressed that you had the clarity of thought to run down the stairs at 3am!