Sunday, October 21, 2007

a dance festival

Wes and I are very involved with the youth in our ward. Wes is in the young men's presidency and I am the beehive advisor....both callings we really enjoy....but sometimes it gets a little crazy, now that we have Nate, when we both have to be somewhere. Our stake organized a dance festival for all of the youth and they've been practicing since July for their big performance that was on Saturday night.

This week was just one of those crazy weeks. Tuesday night I went with some of our leaders to support two of our girls at their volleyball game and then went straight to our board meeting. Wednesday night Wes and I both had to be at the dance practice. Thursday night Wes was supposed to serve dinner to the homeless with the young men. Friday night was the dress rehearsal for the dance festival, and Saturday night was the dance festival. That's a lot of church activities in one week!

When I first heard about the dance festival, I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled with the idea. However, I was very impressed last night at their performance. The theme was "dancing through the decades" and they had a different dance from the 1920's until now. The kids did a fabulous job and it was neat to see how much fun they had. It reminded me of the road shows I used to be in when I was a teenager. It was cool to see such a large group of kids just having good, clean fun on the dance floor. I'm glad it was a success but I'm also glad it's over!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds like a very busy,exhausting week but well rewarding. The dance festival sounds like a great idea maybe I'll pass it on in my stake.

mrs. timberlake said...

road show... i remember a costume that was flourescent pink and black. sounds hot, doesn't it?

i agree, that week sounds exhausting. again... i think it takes super woman to manage all of your activities, commitments. i applaud your energy.

Brooke said...

I couldn't agree with you more ("Glad it was a success... glad it's finally over!")

The Skeehan Family said...

You are a brave brave woman... are you sure you don't have a twin hiding somewhere in a closet that no one knows about???

The Boz said...

busy busy busy! Jeez- good thing you have church or you might be bored! haha!