Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Nate keeps surprising his mama

We've experienced a lot of NEW things in the last few weeks & I wasn't sure how Nate would respond.....
1). Road trip to Cedar City two weeks ago. Nate did GREAT.
2). Much longer road trip to SLC last week. Nate did GREAT.
3). A week in Utah without Wes (he was there for 24 hours for the funeral) and we both survived. Really, I couldn't do it alone....my mom and sisters were there to help!
4). Sleeping during the day out of my arms. So far, so good.
Nate was such a trooper last week! He slept 90% of the drive to and from SLC. He put up with restaurants, being passed around to every aunt and cousin, SHOPPING, etc. He really had NO schedule last week and while I felt bad at the time, I actually kind of think it was a blessing in disguise. You see, prior to last week, Nate would ONLY take naps if someone was holding him. The minute I put him down anywhere to sleep he would wake right up. This happened over and over and over. Last week kind of threw us all for a loop so it was almost like we got a fresh start this week back at home.
On Monday morning, I woke up knowing that today began my quest to get him to sleep anywhere but my arms during the day. He has always been on a night routine but we've struggled with the daytime. I knew the crib wasn't going to work right off so I tried our bed. I had to trick him by putting some pillows on the sides of him but it worked! Thanks Alyssa for the tip! He has taken at least one nap a day on a bed this whole week! This morning he slept from 9-12 on the guest bed. I usually lay down by him since he still wakes up quite a bit but I keep reminding myself....baby steps. We are definitely on our way to him sleeping in his own bed during the day! Yeah! I feel like a new person having a few hours to myself during the day. Unless my mom or Wes took him from me, he has been with me for the last month. I was in need of a break!
The last few weeks Nate has gone through (and is still going through) this funky eating routine, he spits up ALOT, got eczema and with the help of cortizone cream and eucerin lotion it went away, etc. It seems like he changes almost daily! Just when I think I've got something going, he manages to show me yet again, that he is boss.
This is Nate after tummy time. Regardless if I wait hours after he eats to put him on his tummy, he pukes. He usually manages to puke on his hand....and then he starts licking his hand. Yuck!
my pants are a little big on me!
our family at the funeral last week

my boys taking a snooze
lately nate likes to burrow his head as far down in your arm/shirt as you can. We aren't sure what he's doing....maybe he likes it really dark? Or maybe having his head smashed against something is comfortable? who knows. he certainly has a mind of his own.

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

If the spitting up continues ask your doc about prevacid! It did miracles for Summer! He sure is getting big and is so handsome!

Alisha said...

So cute!!! He is definitely your son! I can't believe how much he looks like you. Hope he has another great day for you!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Yeah! I am so glad he is able to sleep out of your arms. My teacher who had her baby on the 8th of August told me her son ONLY sleeps in her arms during the day, too! Maybe it's the month! Nate looks as cute as ever!!!! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date!
Love,
MOM G

Unknown said...

I love your bog Linds. Nate just gets cuter and cuter!!

Megan said...

Linds!

I had so much fun seeing you,Wes and little Nate. He is so cute in pics but even cuter in person (Nate that is!haha) It's always fun getting together and hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I'm glad the pillow trick worked!!

Prevacid has already helped Olivia a ton...She's much better about eating. Not perfect yet, though. Let me know if your doctor decides to put Nate on it too!!!

Julie T. said...

Some mommy alone time is always a good thing! I hope he continues to nap during the day for you! Your house is adorable! I want your mom to come to my house too!

Tina said...

Such a cute little guy and what great parents he has. Everyday is a school day with something new to learn.