Thursday, September 29, 2011

life: october 2011

a few random bits from life these days . . .

. don’t worry, we’re still swimming in this desert because it’s been WARM.  We had a week of cooler temps but we’re still in the 90’s.  But somehow we’re still enjoying playing in water!  Good thing the boys don’t mind a cold pool – because it’s quite cold.  But Nate jumps right in and Ryan loves dumping the water on his head.

boys swim 9.29 (1 of 1)

. Ryan has decided to start talking more – I love it.  He’s got the cutest little voice.  Although he rarely talks on demand – only when he’s feeling it.  But Nate can sometimes get a ton of new words out of him.  Tonight’s new word was temple.  Yesterday he said Kiley all on his own!

. We’re pretty much all decorated for Halloween. [ryan loves these pumpkin lights].  Now it’s time to clean my house – holy smokes, it’s time.

ryan roo (1 of 1)

. I went to a bread class a few times last month so I’ve been attempting all kinds of random things with this dough.  I’m practicing relatively often . . . since I’m not a baker of any kind it’s taking a while but it’s been really fun.  I’ve done: loaves of bread, pizza, pizza poppers, cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, bunsie rolls, and cinnamon twists.  I hope to master them all one day!

. I played volleyball a few times in September and it was actually really fun. 

. Ryan had a really weird diaper rash of sorts & I tried everything you could think of to get rid of it.  The nurse at my pediatrician had me try Calmoseptine Ointment and it worked!  It’s found behind the pharmacy – you just have to ask for it but it was a lifesaver!  Just an FYI for all you diaper-changing mamas out there.

. I think I’m just about over a nasty sinus head cold.  I rarely get bad headaches so to have a pounding one every day for nearly 2 weeks about did me in.  Still have headaches – but I’m doing much better.

. Wes took Nate to the driving range for the first time last weekend.  A friend of my dad’s let us borrow some real golf clubs Nate’s size until he gets his own and Nate was in HEAVEN going “real golfing” with his dad.  He was actually pretty good!

nate first time at driving range sept2011 (1 of 1)

. We went to a park on Friday for the first time in MONTHS [it’s just too hot] and the boys loved it.  They’d much rather be outside than inside – so we’re looking forward to our perfect weather coming up!

. Love the holidays coming up.  Every year they are just a little more fun as Nate gets older.

. Conference weekend was nice.  I went to Art in the Park in Boulder City with my mom & spent the rest of the weekend at home watching conference.  I love hearing from our prophet and church leaders.  The boys are definitely a little stir crazy after being home so much!

. Wes has an awesome extended family.  His cousins on both his mom and dad’s side are great.  But there’s something extremely fabulous about his mom’s side cousins.  They all have this genuine love for each other.  Every time someone comes in town they call us and truly want to see us and the boys.  So we were thrilled when Wes’ cousin Julia moved back here a few months ago.  We live pretty close to her now so she came over on Friday night to visit and the boys love her.  Nate keeps asking if she’ll come back.

julia with the boys (1 of 1)

Life is a little crazy right now but its pretty darn good.

5 comments:

Amander said...

Oh my gosh, Ryan is so big! I'm jealous of your pool time, too.
It was fun seeing you for a minute last weekend, by the way!

Alisha said...

As usual sounds like a lot of fun in Vegas!

The Skeehan Family said...

oh I love the little update. Ryan looks SO big!!! And Nate at the driving range - that's awesome.

And I am so going and buying that cream - Sammy is the queen of odd diaper rashes.

Julie T. said...

WOW! Nate looks like a golf pro in that picture!!

Doreen Griffeth said...

So much fun! Can't believe how big my boys are now!!!
Thanks for the updates!
Love,
MOM G