Wednesday, September 7, 2011

nate’s first day at ms. joy’s

Nate had his first day of preschool [year #2] yesterday.  We switched preschools this year . . . last year I had a decent drive a few times a week so I opted to stay closer to home this go-around.  This change of school has been a little confusing to Nate – he’s still wondering where his friends from Miss Monaca’s class are & why they aren’t with him anymore.  But you couldn’t ask for a nicer teacher than Miss Joy and he gets to go with his cousin, Daisy so I’m thinking this year is going to be a great one, too.  

grumpy nate (1 of 1)

Ms. Joy does Wacky Wednesdays throughout the summer where the kids can go for 2 hours a week on Wednesday morning for some summer fun.  Nate loved Wacky Wednesdays and walked right in to Ms. Joy’s without any hesitation so I wasn’t really concerned with the first day of school.  But apparently I should have been because Nate did not want to go in.  He was excited the entire drive there but as we pulled up he wasn’t having it.  I walked in with him and the only thing that turned his frown to a smile was when I told him I’d find his Chick Hicks car while he was gone.  That did it and he was fine the rest of the morning.  He came out ALL smiles and had a great first day of school.

Happy nate (1 of 1)

Fingers are crossed for an easier drop off tomorrow!  I’m glad school is back in session – Nate really responds well to the structure school brings and Ryan & I appreciate our alone time a few hours a week!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

What a handsome guy! I can't see him being a difficult drop off, but you never know with kids sometimes.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Wow! I LOVE him to LOVE school!
Yeah!
Love,
MOM G