Wednesday, September 28, 2011

primary program

We had our primary program in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday.  It was Nate’s first program and it was pretty fun to be a part of.  We have 8  pretty dynamic sunbeams so I got to join Ali & Tripp and sit in their row to attempt some reverence on the stand.  Overall, the kids did great.  I got to sit right next to my little sunbeam and while he did show a little bit of his defiant/grumpy side while on the stand, I don’t think too many people in the congregation noticed & he was always ready to stand and sing.

Brityn writes the program with a lot of the kids own answers to questions.  She asked Nate:

Q: How do you know you are a child of God?

A: I know I am a child of God because my brain told me.  It is Heavenly Father’s plan.

He got up there and did a great job saying his part in the microphone and he sang all of the songs with gusto [scripture power was awesome].  There was one song – the finale – where I had to whisper in his hear to sing a little softer because he was BELTING it.  Better than no singing at all, I guess.

The program was exciting in itself because Naters & his two cute cousins were in it [Miss Abbie sang a solo and it was fabulous] – but also because I’m in the Primary Presidency and it was sooooo nice to see something that we’ve worked on for months and months turn out so well.  It’s amazing how it all comes together in the end!

2 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

hoping it will all turn out in the end for me too....
latest drama... the woman i scheduled the saturday rehearsal with back in august didn't put me on the calendar and we are overlapping with another ward's rehearsal time.

l o v e i t.

The Skeehan Family said...

...because "my brain told me?" THAT IS AWESOME. SIMPLY AWESOME.

So glad it was a success again, by the way... :)