Tuesday, September 20, 2011

boys will be boys.

My boys have this need to wrestle – and they love it.  I’m learning that boys are just born to rough house and wrestle.  Good thing these two have each other for that!

We had one of those late afternoons that I dream of every day.  The typically horrific hour from 4pm-5pm* was PERFECT.  They played. They wrestled.  They watched Grover.  They laughed.  I smiled.

It was fabulous.

nate and ryan wrestling sept2011 (1 of 1)

*Must note that I got home from work at 3:45pm and left with the boys at 5pm to meet Ali & the girls and my dad at Café Rio for dinner.  I think it helped that dinner wasn’t being made and we hadn’t been together all afternoon to create the perfect late afternoon – but regardless, it was nice.

3 comments:

J-Leav said...

I love that even though nate has 25+ pounds of kid on his face, he's still obviously smiling!

The Skeehan Family said...

ooooooohhhhhh I am so there with you at the witching hour. Glad yours was a good one. And I love how that picture - perfect capture of a great moment.

Doreen Griffeth said...

I hope this lasts! Enjoy the fun!
Love,
MOM G