Saturday, February 6, 2010

a little bit about our week of MOVING.

We're here. We're all moved. And almost all put away. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you know a baby can show up any day now making life a tad bit harder.

Here's a few things about our week:

1 - Friends & family ROCK.

2 - Moving doesn't put you in to labor.

3 - Nate has named the baby peanut butter.

4 - A husband of a 9-month pregnant lady does alot of lifting and physical labor while moving. I've hated not being able to lift stuff!

5 - We still have no clue on a name for this baby. We've been a little preoccupied to even think about it. Sometimes I forget I could go in to labor any minute. Then I look down and my belly is an instant reminder.

6 - We have a few great new neighbors who have come by to say hello and offer help. Ali's good friend Amy brought some delicious muffins that the baby and I enjoyed.

7 - Having a little extra space is nice. A 3-car garage is a dream come true.

8 - I'm glad I'm married to a handy man.

9 - Nate is adjusting pretty well. He's loving more room to run around in. I think church will be the big adjustment for him.

10 - A black widow and 3 scorpions have welcomed us in to our home. Creepy, yes. But I knew they lived around here so I'm just getting used to it hoping we have good luck or that they prefer to bite me and not the kiddos.

11 - We couldn't have moved as much as we did without the help of my parents, Sam, Tripp, Kiley, Ryan & my aunts/uncles (tina,leslie,gary,kara,allan). They were fabulous.

12 - I owe my mom my life! She is the sole reason we've made so much progress around here. She loves organizing and putting away so she's enjoyed herself but boy, has she been busy.

13 - We're already enjoying the random drop-ins from the Thompsons who live within walking distance. Nate loves his cousins!

14 - This little baby boy of mine is killing me. Life is very uncomfortable but the longer he stays in there the more I can get done before his arrival. I actually feel great when I'm moving around and doing stuff. The minute I lay down I'm in pain.

15 - The other night when I was reading Nate stories before bed, he put his head on my belly and then looked up and told me I was getting really fat in his cute little 2-year-old voice. I had to smile.

16 - Movers are worth every penny. We had them move the big stuff and it was fabulous.

17 - The boys rooms got painted - thanks to Wes for staying up 'till 2:30am the night we got our keys.

18 - Nate spent a lot of time with his friends this week. My cute friends were so nice to let him come play while we moved and I went to the doctor. Speaking of the doctor, as of Thursday I was still at a 2 with not much, if any, progress from the last week.

19 - My 63-year old stubborn dad did a little too much physical work and is now paying for it. So when he comes with my mom to help - he plays with Nate instead of lifting and moving. Lets just say Nate and Papa are buds.

20 - We are excited to get settled and in to a new routine in our new house. I think I'll live here for a bit before we do any real decorating but we've at least got most things put away.

And since a few have asked for more pictures, here ya go. This house is TOTALLY different than our last so our furniture doesn't go all that well but we'll be living with it for a while! I am excited to s l o w l y decorate and make it ours.

the playroom


the family room. we're excited to one day do a built-in in here with an updated fireplace.


the kitchen. while it's not really my style - the storage and island sure are nice.


the breakfast nook.


the empty living room and dining room. these will be empty for a while which nate is thrilled about. he runs and runs in circles trying to catch people with his butterfly net.


I'll keep ya posted on the arrival of our little man . . .

11 comments:

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Can't wait to see your home AND your new baby soon!

Melissa Snyder said...

Looks like a great home. Glad the move went well. Now its time for that baby to come! Can't wait to see pictures. Good luck with everything!

Alisha said...

Wow...you totally amaze me! There is NO WAY I could do all that while ready to pop at any moment, but good for you! Hope this is the week I get to see my newest nephew!

Bella Beginnings said...

Congrats on the new house.... looks beautiful. I am sure that it will be amazing when you are finished with it!
Good luck with number 2... we never have names till we are in the hospital.

The Skeehan Family said...

I thought you were without internet! :)

Stop showing us all up with how your house already looks cute! SERIOUSLY! enough already.

I love the list - you will so enjoy looking at that after you've lived there for like 10 years because you described everything so perfectly, you'll be able to remember it all.

Hope the weekend went well.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

It's beautiful!! And WAY TO GO on getting organized so quickly!

P.S.- I loved seeing your hospital bags patiently sitting in the living room...We can't WAIT for baby's debut!

Anya said...

L.O.V.E. love IT!

Becky Chatwin said...

I am so happy for you! If you want any tips about scorpions and black widows let me know. We had to deal with a lot of scorpions in this house (and I have found two black widows) and have figured out a few tricks. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

The house is looking great. I love your dining room table. Please email me and tell me where you got it!!

mrs. timberlake said...

how am i just now seeing this post?

I love it!

Your playroom is PERFECT!

Can't wait for more pictures...

Taralee said...

That is SO exciting! It looks perfect! Congrats.