Wednesday, January 27, 2010

we have a new place to call HOME.

We are moving. Starting tomorrow.

The short story? We've been casually looking for a house since May. We were totally happy to stay where we are but wanted to at least see what was out there in Green Valley while prices are still relatively low. We found a few houses we really liked but they just weren't meant to be.

Then came the call from our realtor in early December about a house in LaurelGlen in Green Valley. For you locals, it's off GVPkwy and Pebble. It was a regular sale {not a short sale or foreclosure} so we at least knew the sale process would be normal, unlike a short sale. After looking at alot of houses over the last few months and astonished/repulsed by how people live and the conditions of most homes out there - we immediately liked the newly-gutted home on Majestic Peak. The floor plan was just what we were looking for and it smelled brand new, despite it's almost-20-year-old age.


So, we're moving. We were supposed to move in by January 15th - so the last few weeks have been a little rough watching the days tick by and my belly grow. And grow. And grow to 38 weeks pregnant. I know, really? Moving at 38 weeks pregnant? But what do ya do but hope I don't go in to labor this week. We'll have keys tomorrow afternoon and the move-in process begins. The first item on Wes' to-do-list? Paint the boys bedrooms. As long as the boys' rooms are painted and organized before this little man arrives - I'll be a happy camper. And I wouldn't mind an organized kitchen, too.

While I'm really excited for the new house - moving was a really, really hard decision for me. It was by far the most bitter/sweet decision I've ever made. Here's why:


the Bitter

- We LOVE our ward & our friends out here. They are the best. We've been spoiled to have such wonderful people by us for four years! But girls - we're moving less than 8 miles away so I still expect to see you regularly.

- We like our little house. We got to the point a few years ago where everything was pretty much done. We weren't putting any more money in to it so we've lived house project & yard work free for 2 years and it's been fabulous!

- Did I mention how bummed I am to leave our ward and friends? Nate is going to be sooo sad when he realizes he has to leave his nursery friends. He loves our ward & all of his little buddies. Luckily his cousin Daisy will be in his new nursery class so that will really help the transition for him. He's my little creature of habit.


the Sweet

- closer to my family. I'm hoping this means I see them more and that Nate gets to see his cousins a little more often.

- a house with a little more space. And a PLAYROOM downstairs. My dream come true.



- closer to conveniences. We live in the boonies right now which means we drive quite a ways to get to a mall, grocery store, etc. But in our 6+ years of marriage, we've yet to live anywhere super convenient. Until now. I'm a little excited that a grocery store is within walking distance.

- We can walk to church. And eventually I'll be able to walk the boys to elementary school. And I can walk to a park.

Here's where we will call home for many years to come . . .



With the arrival of Baby Griff {Nate's nickname for the baby} - I won't be decorating anytime soon. Plus, I like to take my time and do it right {or pretty darn close} the first time. But I will get the boys' rooms done ASAP so more pictures to come of that.
I ALREADY have been reminded at how lucky I am to have great friends and family - willing to not only do anything I may ask of them but who are constantly calling to offer their help. And I haven't even moved or had a baby yet!

23 comments:

Melissa Snyder said...

Wow, what a home! What a beautiful place. Lucky! Hope you get moved in and organized before Baby Griff. comes. Good luck!

mrs. timberlake said...

i love it i love it i love it i love it.


so excited for you guys! congratulations and here's a toast to you being able to get what you need done before littlest lamb griffeth makes his debut.

yay for you!

laurel said...

Lindsay it's gorgeous!!! I'm so so so happy for you guys. I hope the pregnant-move goes smoohly. And it's official, I must come visit in the summer and swim. Hope that's ok :)

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Wow! We're so excited for you guys! The house looks beautiful...Totally jealous that you have a pool. :) We'll still be "enjoying" summer in the blow-up!!

Can't wait to hear more updates!

Laurel said...

Linds...it looks wonderful! That is so exciting that it ended up working out. And you even have a pool of your very own! I can't wait to come visit this summer!

Ali said...

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Brooke said...

Congrats Lindsay! That would be hard to leave all those memories and friends behind. But, I am excited for your new home! These pics are not coming up :( And 38 weeks pregnant and packing up, wow! You are my hero!

Kiley said...

Its gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in person!

Anya said...

Get that pool fenced and a lock high up on your sliding glass door for Nate... ASAP!
that POOL is freaking me out... but we will be over regularly to swim in it. :)

Anya said...

Ack! I just noticed your balcony! Get an extra lock on that door too!

Becky Chatwin said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW HOUSE!!! It is beautiful! I want to see more pictures! I love Laurelglen because of how close it is to Bartlett. Congratulations!

Trisha said...

I'm glad you got your keys before the baby comes. The house looks great! I'm so excited for you, eventhough you didn't choose Summerlin. :( Are we any closer now?

Andrus Family said...

How exciting though to be moving somewhere that you know you'll be there awhile!! Good luck - can't wait to see it IRL!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Love it! Can't wait to see it and YOUR new little addition! Take care! We are thinking of you these next few days! Hang in there baby griff!
Love,
MOM G

Street Fam said...

Congrats on the new house! That's pretty exciting. hope you get a bit unpacked before Baby Griff makes his debut. :)

katierose said...

i didn't get a chance to talk to you today and was wondering how it was all going with the move. OF COURSE you already have your blog updated with the answers to all my questions! i love it! your home is BEAUTIFUL! i absolutely love it! and there is nothing you have to do to it!!! well, at least right away...because i'm sure you'll add all the right touches as time goes on. i love that neighborhood and area. i can't wait to see it once you move in (i'm happy to help you with WHATEVER) and hopefully you'll let us come and swim sometime...hint, hint :).

Julie T. said...

How long has that house been on the market? We might have gone through it. That is so fantastic that you guys found a great house for you. Okay, we totally need to go to lunch and catch up before your baby comes!!!

Amander said...

Good luck with the move - I hope you don't go in to labor too!

The house is beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

I love it so beautiful!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Adam and Bri said...

Gorgeous home! How fun for your cute little family.

Kelsey said...

Freaking awesome! I ADORE IT! I can just picture it with your awesome decor tastes. Youre right on the timing- just make sure you enjoy that baby and dont get too wrapped up in the unpacking. It goes so fast! Luckily, they sleep a TON!

Lillie said...

oh my goodness! Congrats! It's gorgeous... and a pool?! Oh what I'd give for a pool come June.

Kelsey said...

btw, do those lights hanging in the kitchen have feathers on them?